Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Nacho!

Would've liked to see him start today since its the perfect scenario for him with keeping Aguero fresh for Monaco. I don't get how he goes from being the backup who starts in both derbies to now MIA..

That's not entirely true. What makes you think he's not gonna get ahead of Jesus, and Aguero. He has already shown that he's a better goalscorer than Jesus. All he needs is confidence from Pep, and game time
Gabby scored 3 goals in his first week plus a few assists as well,it'll be a real shame to lose nacho and i don't really like the way pep uses the strikers but his all round game is not really good enough for pep at this minute,we also have a few no 10's so there is no room there,i don't want to lose him but it seems likely we will

I still don't get your point, Jesus had about 270 minutes or more to score those goals, now compare that to the amount of game time Nacho's had, and his goal ratio. The answer is pretty obvious. Nacho at some point in the season had the Second most assists behind De Bryune, so what's your point? The only difference right now is that Jesus enjoys So much support and faith from the Coaching crew, while Nacho is given very little room to make mistakes and learn from his mistakes. The Nacho I saw under Pellegrini had immense technical abilities, and his all round play was a lot better then. That's because the gaffer had faith in him. But now, he seems to be a shadow of himself, aren't you surprised too? A boy with the best shots per goal ratio can't get game time ahead of Navas and Nolito? That's a joke.

Well said, the lad is not being given a chance by Pep. The same for all of our youngsters. Its dissapointing to see Pep sticking with proven poor senior players such as Navas, Fernando and you can add Kolorov, Delph and nolito into that bracket if you want. All distinctly average or worse.

This is bullshit. He's scored as many goals for us as years he's been alive. Why is he being ignored?
Yes, it's true that he's had some fucking awful games this season. He's also scored six goals.
We will sell him and we will end up regretting it.

That post is ridiculous and only further shows you up for the fanboy you are.

I couldnt care less where a player originates,my only concern is how he performs.No player 'deserves' more minutes,they are earnt on the training pitch and when they receive opportunity to impress,and,unfortunately for him and you,Nacho was anonymous in his last outing.

Jesus' all round game is considerably better,it also suits our style of play perfectly,hence him jumping to the front of the queue.Right now i dont believe Nacho has the ability to lead our line consistently,the manager obviously sees it that way too,hence i can see him leaving on loan or possibly permanently come the summer - you'll have to find yourself a new forum then.

A certain De Bruyne deserved more minutes at Chelsea and yet for some strange reason, the Manager refused to play him. Sometimes players deserve more minutes but it all comes down to the decision of the Manager. Managers do have a preference for certain players. Pep doesn't rate Iheanacho and that's the simple truth. Pep is a great manager and he has all my support, however I think Iheanacho has been treated unfairly this season and as a result has lost all the confidence he had last season, at this point the best thing for both player and manager is for the player to move to a different football club.

Iheanacho is young yet has always had the hunger to play, sometimes a player gets desperate when he feels he has done enough to deserve the respect of the manager. I would hate to see another "yaya/selkuk vs pep" episode. Pep should come clean with the kid, tell him he doesn't rate him and move him on to another club. Iheanacho's treatment could do more harm to the club as it would seem we don't ever rate our youngsters. If this goes out of hand, it wouldn't look good for the management and the media would be quick to jump on it taking the side of the kid and who could blame them? Kid burst into the scene was phenomenal just as G.Jesus if not better.

Iheanacho is young yet has always had the hunger to play, sometimes a player gets desperate when he feels he has done enough to deserve the respect of the manager. I would hate to see another "yaya/selkuk vs pep" episode. Pep should come clean with the kid, tell him he doesn't rate him and move him on to another club. Iheanacho's treatment could do more harm to the club as it would seem we don't ever rate our youngsters. If this goes out of hand, it wouldn't look good for the management and the media would be quick to jump on it taking the side of the kid and who could blame them? Kid burst into the scene was phenomenal just as G.Jesus if not better.

I don't think he has been treated unfairly. His performances on the whole this season have been very average/poor. I was a big fan of his last season and thought he would push on this season, but he hasn't.

I think he will go to be honest.

Would be interested to know (if anyone has access to the stats) what his goals/assist ratio is per minutes played this 2016/2017 season. I still think it will be pretty decent. We also need to remember he is still only 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.