Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept that many will disagree with me but I'd consider selling him. I see a player who knows where the goal is but lacks in too many other areas for a team trying to play like we do. He can learn, I'm not saying he can't, he can improve his general game as well but honestly, if we could get a decent enough bid and use the money towards Mbappe then it's something I could go for.
The money received for Iheanacho and most of our players on loan wouldn't make a dent in the fee that is being quoted for Mbappe. I feel that Iheanacho will be sold off but fee received will be low. Based on Peps limited enthusiasm after the Celtic match, I think Roberts might be released also. Because there is no limit to what Pep can spend, the yunger players are always going to struggle. The club are saying the right words but still no sign of any player coming through.

i dont want him to go, but i think for his own career he may have to. he isn't going to get the game time here. if i was him id move to a smaller club and play every week. its the same problem for players like garcia, maffeo angelino there isn't a path to the first team right now, because we always buy ready made first team players.

There is room in the squad if Nolito and Navas both leave. I could see our forward players being from the following list next year:

Aguero
Jesus
Nacho
Sterling
Sane
Roberts

There is a good mix of central and wide players and its 6 for 3 starting spots - 2 english. It does depend on those 2 leaving and Nacho and Roberts would need to make a big impact in pre season to convince they can be relied on.

i dont want him to go, but i think for his own career he may have to. he isn't going to get the game time here. if i was him id move to a smaller club and play every week. its the same problem for players like garcia, maffeo angelino there isn't a path to the first team right now, because we always buy ready made first team players.

There should have been a path by now however, seeing as we keep writing seasons off to "transition".

There is room in the squad if Nolito and Navas both leave. I could see our forward players being from the following list next year:

Aguero
Jesus
Nacho
Sterling
Sane
Roberts

There is a good mix of central and wide players and its 6 for 3 starting spots - 2 english. It does depend on those 2 leaving and Nacho and Roberts would need to make a big impact in pre season to convince they can be relied on.
There is only room if we do not buy anyone else. Every second person seems to want us to buy Mbappe Isco or Sanchez. If even only one of these was to come then its curtains for Nacho and Roberts. I think it will also influence younger players also as Sancho Tosin etc will be given the wrong signals . No matter how good the youths and Unal Moreno Zimchenko may turn out to be our obsession in buying attackers is counter productive.

There is only room if we do not buy anyone else. Every second person seems to want us to buy Mbappe Isco or Sanchez. If even only one of these was to come then its curtains for Nacho and Roberts. I think it will also influence younger players also as Sancho Tosin etc will be given the wrong signals . No matter how good the youths and Unal Moreno Zimchenko may turn out to be our obsession in buying attackers is counter productive.
Those of us who want Isco have been wanting him for 3 years and there's a very good reason why. Mbappe, if he's to be sold should definitely peak our interest, moreso after many of us seeing him up close and personal recently. Both of those players are the type we should be aiming for if we want to be regarded as one of the best in Europe.
Sanchez can sling it, not interested.

There should have been a path by now however, seeing as we keep writing seasons off to "transition".

Hes not getting the chances he should be getting. Navas is getting more time than one of our brightest young prospects which is frankly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.