Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly doesn't have the technical ability and football mind to play consistently in a Pep system. A goal poacher, which every team needs, but it probably won't be with us long-term.

I had high hopes for him but the only thing this season has confirmed for me is that he isn't good enough. Shite touch and no idea what he is doing. Goal poacher only.

Why do so many of you don't think hes good enough? Do you remember how good he was last season and in the beginning of this season? Yes he is a bit clumsy, but he's still young enough to develop his technical side of the game. He's also looks a lot bigger than last year that may affect his touch and mobility.
And I really do think that Peps treatment of him has been nothing but shit. He did show faith in him to start him in the derby and he vindicated that by scoring and assisting. He then scored as a sub against Borussia before putting in a brilliant all round performance against Bournemouth with another goal and assist. Then Kun was back from suspension and he didnt get much minute the coming month.
He then had a great performance as a sub against Southampton where he scored and was our best player iirc. After that he had a very poor performance midweek against United (as did the whole team) and after that he didnt even play for more than a month (apart from 1 minute against Middlesbrough). So after performing well for a couple of months he finds himself benched for a month after 1 poor game. That feels incredibly harsh and he has been pretty bad since that. Don't know if he fell out with Pep but something must have happend regarding Kelechi after the United game in the League Cup.

Why do so many of you don't think hes good enough? Do you remember how good he was last season and in the beginning of this season? Yes he is a bit clumsy, but he's still young enough to develop his technical side of the game. He's also looks a lot bigger than last year that may affect his touch and mobility.
And I really do think that Peps treatment of him has been nothing but shit. He did show faith in him to start him in the derby and he vindicated that by scoring and assisting. He then scored as a sub against Borussia before putting in a brilliant all round performance against Bournemouth with another goal and assist. Then Kun was back from suspension and he didnt get much minute the coming month.
He then had a great performance as a sub against Southampton where he scored and was our best player iirc. After that he had a very poor performance midweek against United (as did the whole team) and after that he didnt even play for more than a month (apart from 1 minute against Middlesbrough). So after performing well for a couple of months he finds himself benched for a month after 1 poor game. That feels incredibly harsh and he has been pretty bad since that. Don't know if he fell out with Pep but something must have happend regarding Kelechi after the United game in the League Cup.

I agree with this. He looked like he was on the glide path to become a good squad player until the United Cup game and then his performances went down. I think there was a fallout between player and coach and now with low confidence it has affected the players play and development. He played much better than this last season. He needs to move.

The other problem I have here is so many people writing the kid off. He's only 20 years old. This is is second season in the top flight and he has barely played any minutes nontheless started many games. Players improve at different times. I don't think he fits with pep but to say he isn't good enough or never will be good enough is silly.

Came on as sub but Pep had taken off his supply.
Another example of Pep's rather poor substitutions this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.