Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelechi has been great but there were a couple of games towards the end of last season where he looked a little bit lost. He has definitely progressed in terms of his all round play this season.

Regarding the comparisons with Rashford I do not think Kelechi is as fast or possesses the same change of pace but other parts of his game are stronger. We should be grateful that Rashford is attracting the attention of the press as excessive praise can go to young kids heads (althought Kelechi seems pretty humble).

My worry is whether he will get enough time once Sane is up to speed and Gabriel Jesus arrives. The situation at the moment is great though as it allows us to play Kun for the first hour of games and then sub him for Kelehci after an hour. Both players get what they need. Regular rest for Kun and minutes against a tiring team for Ian.

So excited to see Kelechi's progression. At his age to be so consistent is remarkable, he ALWAYS scores! Such a reliable back up to come in when Aguero is missing. That finish yesterday was so much harder than it looked as well, came at him quickly and was behind him, and he improvised and adjusted his body so quickly. It's just instinctive and it's a great sign that he's going to have a big future.

The kid is 19 for crying out loud. He will improve on that. How about being positive on that rather than thinking the kid is crap.

I guess we should bench him and damage his development in those areas. He can't improve on those areas if he doesn't play. Also putting trust in him will improve his confidence and give him the confidence to improve.

For his age he is incredible at leading the line and linking up play. He isn't going to be Messi or Aguero at the age of 19. It's a good thing for the club and the player that he is playing and scoring.

Also despite what you think, a return of 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 starts is an excellent return for someone leading the line, because in the real world GOALS WIN GAMES!!!!
I was going to say this. I think the same can actually be said of Rashford to be fair to him. Good with the ball at his feet and in front of goal but every England game I've seen with him, the ball just seems to bounce off him more often than not. But age will be a factor. They're no longer playing in their age group where one or two particular aspects of their game sees them head and shoulders above everyone else. Keeping the goalscoring and positional sense instinctive but working and focusing on touch, link-up play, leading the line and being a target/focal point.

Another note, people were talking about getting another striker and some people even talk about that, but the problem is that getting another striker that is the level or close to the level of Aguero wouldn't want to be benched and would cost a fortune.

Investing in Iheanacho is investing in Man City's future. It also gets the stigma away that Man City doesn't develop it's own youth.
This would have been the exact problem with signing Aubameyang, and for silly money. £100m of strikers and you have to rotate them??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Rashford: 1890 minutes, 10 goals, 2 assists, a goal every 189 minutes, a goal or assist every 158 minutes

Iheanacho: 1471 minutes, 17 goals, 8 assists, a goal every 87 minutes, a goal or assist every 59 minutes

To the argument that Man Utd under Mourinho isn't a freescoring team... well, it isn't like Iheanacho suddenly improved his goalscoring ratio under Pep. He had a similar effectiveness last season and with Nigeria he's on 3 goals and 2 assists in 282 minutes, that's a goal every 94 minutes or a goal or assist every 56 minutes. Remarkably similar ratios.

And he's still 19...

Kelechi has been great but there were a couple of games towards the end of last season where he looked a little bit lost. He has definitely progressed in terms of his all round play this season.

Regarding the comparisons with Rashford I do not think Kelechi is as fast or possesses the same change of pace but other parts of his game are stronger. We should be grateful that Rashford is attracting the attention of the press as excessive praise can go to young kids heads (althought Kelechi seems pretty humble).

My worry is whether he will get enough time once Sane is up to speed and Gabriel Jesus arrives. The situation at the moment is great though as it allows us to play Kun for the first hour of games and then sub him for Kelehci after an hour. Both players get what they need. Regular rest for Kun and minutes against a tiring team for Ian.

I read in the Sunday papers this morning that the rags have doubled Rashford's wages to keep out of the clutches of Real Madrid, Barcelona & PSG...Is somebody havin a laugh here.

I read in the Sunday papers this morning that the rags have doubled Rashford's wages to keep out of the clutches of Real Madrid, Barcelona & PSG...Is somebody havin a laugh here.

We should buy Rashford. The rags would really struggle without him lol.

Regarding Nacho what a player. Everything just looks so simple for him.

His only deficiency is that he is a bit weak on his right foot.
If he practices with his right foot for a long time every day (to the exclusion of his left foot), then by the time he is 24 he will be the best striker in the world.

Dont know why but i thought he was 21........the lad being just 19 makes his progress and ability to play at the level he does pretty astonishing. What City are doing in terms of his selection is spot on in my view. Carry on doing much the same for the next couple of years and he is going to be at the least a player who can sit with KDB on Peps Messi free table!

His only deficiency is that he is a bit weak on his right foot.
If he practices with his right foot for a long time every day (to the exclusion of his left foot), then by the time he is 24 he will be the best striker in the world.
Not that I'm comparing, but you could say Messi isn't too strong with his right foot. Seems to do ok though on the whole wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.