Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Im at the point where I need to see Kelechi starting every match. Whether its 2 up top or Aguero on the bench, I think were better with him out there. he presses more aggressively, looking for the best pass and playing the one touch much more willingly and effectively than sergio.

Your 'Pep decides' line makes no sense. We are here to air opinions. Might as well shut down the forum and all go home since God (sorry, Pep) 'decides'.
Well to be fair we can all have our opinions but some just have an air of "I know better than this Pep fella" about them on pretty much every decision he makes and it's not a good sign it's happening so early in the season. Maybe some of us are down to earth enough to realise(even though I myself have disagreed on some things) what Pep has already achieved proves he knows more about football than any of us, if anyone disagrees with that go earn your coaching badges and prove that wrong until then maybe give Pep some time(at least a full season) and the team too perhaps as it's they who have to adapt and do the business on the pitch, Pep can't do that for them he can only teach them/help them/show them.

I think Im at the point where I need to see Kelechi starting every match. Whether its 2 up top or Aguero on the bench, I think were better with him out there. he presses more aggressively, looking for the best pass and playing the one touch much more willingly and effectively than sergio.

Couldn't disagree more. He's still a prospect and Sergio is one of the best strikers on the planet. His first touch needs lots of work. Let's not burden him, I'm sure Pep won't .

Couldn't disagree more. He's still a prospect and Sergio is one of the best strikers on the planet. His first touch needs lots of work. Let's not burden him, I'm sure Pep won't .
Agreed,he is coming along nicely,the last thing we need is for him to have all the responsibilty and fade away like the kids at the rags have done countless times,pep will nuture him better than anyone else in the game

Back on topic personally I think the problem is Aguero would score if he was able to get on the end of anything but he's been singled out recently as our own goal threat... because he sort of is. De Bruyne and Sterling have been playing very well but they are more focused on providing(maybe because nobody else seems able to at the moment) than getting on the end of anything. With Kelechi on the field he will be constantly trying to get on then end of something along with Aguero and teams underestimate how clinical our Kelechi really is, if they try too hard to mark them both out of the game they will be spread too thin and leave space for Sterling and De Bruyne to move into, start with Aguero bring Kelechi on in the second half as a second striker seems about right the way teams are setting up against us.

What a crock of shit.

Made alot of mistakes against the rags....Think he's a great goalscorer but his passing and control still need alot of improvement. Still a young lad and a great option to bring off the bench but havent seen much from him when he's started a full 90 minutes....love the lad and his record of scoring is up there with the best but still think he needs to improve his overall game...which I'm sure he will as he gets more experience!

Lacked composure last night at key moments. He seems like when he has to think about it with the ball at his feet he's stil very immature (understandable, he's a young lad) and looks all over the shop. Whereas when things are more instinctive for him (especially running onto a pass rather than him having the ball at his feet) he looks the real deal. He's got a hell of a lot to work on though.

But still a positive start to the season for him and a good prospect.

Haha, hindsight is a woman hey. I think last night showed he still has a hell of a lot to learn. For me, he isnt ready to lead our attack and is more effective coming on from the bench. Bit of a mare last night for him, hopefully he puts it well behind him quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.