Kelechi Iheanacho

Isn't Guardiola supposed to be Mr Youth? Mr Holistic Management? He hasn't shown any of this in his first year, imho. At both Barça and Bayern he brought through and played the youngsters, and we are supposed to be highly focused on development these days. So, when we have such a homegrown talent as Kelechi - how is he not a first team regular?

Isn't Guardiola supposed to be Mr Youth? Mr Holistic Management? He hasn't shown any of this in his first year, imho. At both Barça and Bayern he brought through and played the youngsters, and we are supposed to be highly focused on development these days. So, when we have such a homegrown talent as Kelechi - how is he not a first team regular?

I read the book on Pep's first year at Bayern and despite an incredible number of injuries during the season he did not seem to wish to introduce young players. At one point he says you must always play your best players. Personally I don't rate Kelechi as highly as some do but that is just my view.

Because he isn't good enough at the moment. We can't play youth just for the sake of it. The academy will bear fruit in the coming years but it's unfair to expect Pep to just rock up in his first season and throw in kids just because some of the fanbase want to see them.

Because he is nowhere near good enough. It's that simple.

Its also quite easy to bring through youngsters when they are the likes of Busquets (19), Messi (21) and Pique (21). Kelechi is 21 in October this year. Quite a difference in quality, no? It was also a two horse race back then and they pissed the league. You don't blood youngsters when you're in a battle to finish in the top four.

There is absolutely no comparison in the situations at Bayern, Barca and City and so the argument of what he did in the past has no relevance to whether he can repeat that at City. Hugely different circumstances.

needs game time and then you judge him he can not keep coming off the bench or start one game and out for 10 games but his goal record is great. maybe a loan move but we should not sell him but i feel the people behind him like the agent is going to milk manchester city for as much he can get out of us

i do remember some signing trouble with him coming to man city and the youth team and had only a couple of games at the end of that season at youth level. if am right i think it was another team that claimed to have sign him or had a contract sign by him it was something like that but maybe it was somebody else

Because he's not better than other players we have in his position perhaps???!?!......

He should go on loan so we can judge him over a season. Bournemouth or Huddersfield would be cool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.