Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get confused by homegrown rules. Is he technically hg cause he was in our academy?

If we're looking at Mbappe/Sanchez, then along with Jesus & Aguero, Iheanacho is fourth choice striker.

It's better for his development to go out and play. Personally I think he'll potentially go somewhere and be brilliant, he's an excellent young player.

I was initially annoyed at the thought of selling him, but then I wondered would people be happy if currently he played at West Ham and we signed him for £25m? We'd probably moan that it didn't make sense. I think taking the sentiment out of it it's probably good business, he'll get very few chances and his value will drop if he's not playing.

I was initially annoyed at the thought of selling him, but then I wondered would people be happy if currently he played at West Ham and we signed him for £25m? We'd probably moan that it didn't make sense. I think taking the sentiment out of it it's probably good business, he'll get very few chances and his value will drop if he's not playing.
25m is good business by any means but it's exactly that 'sentiment' you say which I cannot put out of its context. We have (had) a gem in our hands and overall these last two years for him at us have been brilliant I think, you shouldn't really ask for better back-up strikers, not to mention that it was mostly this year where he solely functioned as a properish striker, mainly because of the demands of the system.

Anyway, my point just is that to 'justify' all we did and will do this summer, Pep really needs to deliver and win the league with the squad he'll have. But I'm confident he can, and then all would be good again, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.