Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now think flogging him for £20-£25 million seems to cheap. Especially looking at other transfer fees. For me he's on a par with Rashford & i'm fairly sure the rags would want a lot more than we are asking.

If we don't bring anymore additions upfront be a shame to let him go.

I think this deal will be on hold til we sign another attacker.

Understand he doesn't necessarily fit with Pep's style but he is such a likable lad. Will be exciting to follow his career and see if he makes it back with a big club (hopefully one outside of England)

even that goal shows why he doesn't have a city future. Got beautiful ball at first, easy to control but almost made nothing out of it. Poacher he is but unfortunately not much more than that.

This is nonsense.

Iheanacho is a fantastic player in the build up hence why he used to be a 10/right winger. Pep ruined him by pressuring him too much and putting too much tactical stuff into him, Iheanacho is the kind of person that takes that to heart and works way to hard and tries to hard to prove himself to Pep which resulted in him being mediocre.

Iheanacho under Pep was a confused striker that didn't know what to do who was trying to hard for his own good. He wasn't given the chance to adept like Aguero was because he isn't Aguero. Iheanacho will be a fantastic player as a goal scorer and a creator and City will buy him back.

We'll see. For now, I'd stick with my opinion that he is not and will never be a player good enough for City and other top clubs. There is nothing tactical in being able to control the ball and I've seen him many times looking like Lescott with it at his feet. I hope he does well as he was nothing but professional at City but I think that would need to be at some lower level.

We'll see. For now, I'd stick with my opinion that he is not and will never be a player good enough for City and other top clubs. There is nothing tactical in being able to control the ball and I've seen him many times looking like Lescott with it at his feet. I hope he does well as he was nothing but professional at City but I think that would need to be at some lower level.
His first touch was pretty great under Pellegrini. I will blame the clumsy first touch in 2016/2017 on the lack of game time and him thinking too much.

This is nonsense.

Iheanacho is a fantastic player in the build up hence why he used to be a 10/right winger. Pep ruined him by pressuring him too much and putting too much tactical stuff into him, Iheanacho is the kind of person that takes that to heart and works way to hard and tries to hard to prove himself to Pep which resulted in him being mediocre.

Iheanacho under Pep was a confused striker that didn't know what to do who was trying to hard for his own good. He wasn't given the chance to adept like Aguero was because he isn't Aguero. Iheanacho will be a fantastic player as a goal scorer and a creator and City will buy him back.
This is mostly nonsense. I like Kelechi a lot but this is almost entirely drivel (and, if you check my posts, you'll see I rarely call out other poster's opinions as such—that's how much I think this is wrong).

The only thing I agree with is that he will likely be a fantastic goal scorer.

This is mostly nonsense. I like Kelechi a lot but this is almost entirely drivel (and, if you check my posts, you'll see I rarely call out other poster's opinions as such—that's how much I think this is wrong).

The only thing I agree with is that he will likely be a fantastic goal scorer.

I think it's fair to say that, at this point in his development, he's not well rounded enough to contribute to the team as Pep would want him to. That, and Jesus' arrival, means he's surplus to requirements. But I think it's premature to say he'll always be a poacher given his first touch, passing, spatial awareness and coachability.

I hope we buy him back in two or three years when Aguero will probably move back to Argentina

I think it's fair to say that, at this point in his development, he's not well rounded enough to contribute to the team as Pep would want him to. That, and Jesus' arrival, means he's surplus to requirements. But I think it's premature to say he'll always be a poacher given his first touch, passing, spatial awareness and coachability.

I hope we buy him back in two or three years when Aguero will probably move back to Argentina
I actually wasn't arguing against his potential to be better in all those aspects, I was asserting that the bits about it being Pep's fault were nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.