Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see him go. A brilliant, natural finisher and seemed like a nice lad, but never really looked comfortable in Guardiola's system. Glad we've got the buy back option, and you would assume that the club are confident of landing another forward if we're letting him leave.

Sad to see him go. A brilliant, natural finisher and seemed like a nice lad, but never really looked comfortable in Guardiola's system. Glad we've got the buy back option, and you would assume that the club are confident of landing another forward if we're letting him leave.

Yeah thought the same Ric. But maybe PG is confident with the fire power upfront anyhow. Do we really need another? When our attacking midfield could be just as affective.

He was out of contract wasnt he, think we just got compensation.

Don't know mate. Let's hope Nacho goes on to be at least as good though

Yep, Sturridge was out of contract. We received compensation due to the tribunal. Buy-back clauses were not a common thing in England at the time anyway.. the Spanish clubs have kind of made them en vogue due to how well they've used them.

Yeah thought the same Ric. But maybe PG is confident with the fire power upfront anyhow. Do we really need another? When our attacking midfield could be just as affective.
I don't think we need another personally. Sterling, KDB, etc. can all play as a forward if necessary and it's going to be difficult balancing just Jesus and Aguero.. throw in a third and things just get difficult. Perhaps if we can't unload Bony then he will slot into that Kelechi sub role.

But thinking about this, I suppose this transfer could of happened a few weeks ago if his thoughts were that.
The delay was due to the fact Kelechi had multiple agents fighting over the rights to him. This story first came out last year and has been something that has taken awhile to clear up. Here was a story from May about it: http://www.espnfc.us/story/3129508/...stall-kelechi-iheanachos-man-city-exit-source. Another article recently mentioned they were trying to settle the matter out of court.

If honest a bit gutted that he's ended up at Leicester as I think he's at a better level than them ****s, but he won't get game time here and as much as I don't want him to go I don't want to see his career stifled by being on the bench every week.

Sad to see him go. I hope he goes and proves himself and forces us to buy him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.