Ken Mulhearn RIP

RIP Ken.

I always thought he somewhat unfairly carried the can for our early exit from the European Cup to Fenerbahce, he was an excellent keeper in the 67/68 title winning team.

RIP Ken.

I always thought he somewhat unfairly carried the can for our early exit from the European Cup to Fenerbahce, he was an excellent keeper in the 67/68 title winning team.
He was a good keeper but, in my opinion, not as good as Dowd. He obtained the first team gloves through injury to Dowd so any mistake could be used as a pretext to bring back Harry. I agree he went through most of the 1967-68 season without any major gaffes.

Ken got his First Division Championship medal and Harry then got a Cup Winners medal. All that before Joe Corrigan took League Cup and Cup Winners Cup medals.

Ken was regarded a legend at my club, Shrewsbury Town, and he was a boyhood hero of mine. His passing is so sad as he appeared so fit and well in relatively recent times and, by modern standards, was not an old man.

It's lovely to see his passing marked so well on this forum and it is a great credit to your fans that you do so.

Ken's grandson, Harry Lewis, is also a goalkeeper. A Shrewsbury lad, who represented England under-18 whilst with us, he has since moved on for a sizeable fee to Southampton (currently on loan at Dundee United). Hopefully Harry can carry on the family tradition of fine goalkeeping.

RIP Ken, thanks for so many great memories.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...ewsbury-goalkeeper-ken-mulhearn-dies-aged-72/

I just about remember Ken at City. Big joe had emerged as our No. 1 by then.

He will always be a City legend as a member of the 67/68 title-winning team.

R. I. P. Ken.

He was the GK in the first season I started following City - as others have said can always remember that lineup.RIP Ken.

His name is safe in the clubs history, never to be forgotten. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.