Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been shifted from pillar to post since Pep decided to ditch a system/formation that was working. He's played deep, right,left,striker but rarely the no 8 or 10 position he thrives in.

He created more chances than any other player on the pitch? And if he had more touches than anyone else, he's not anonymous is he?

Certainly not suggesting Silva had a great game, but in the second half at least he did what he always does - get on the ball and try to create something.

He never hides like DeBruyne did 2nd half and seemingly has been doing ever since the clocks went forward.
What chances? De Bruyne created most of the chances in the 1st half. 2nd half we didn't have any chance.

What position does he actually play any more?
Absolutely no goal threat at all.fom him what the hell has happened to him ?
Ended up at centre half at one point yesterday

What position does he actually play any more?
Absolutely no goal threat at all.fom him what the hell has happened to him ?
Ended up at centre half at one point yesterday
Aguero suffering similarly. Both our most dangerous goal threats are not spending enough time or receiving enough ball in the areas they can hurt teams. Both end up with 2 and 3 players around them in advanced positions.

Said at half time. Sterling, Kun, and Silva owe him serious apologies (not for the first time this season). He served up chance after chance on a plate and they fluffed the lot. He deserves much better in front of him if i'm honest.

Said at half time. Sterling, Kun, and Silva owe him serious apologies (not for the first time this season). He served up chance after chance on a plate and they fluffed the lot. He deserves much better in front of him if i'm honest.

He had a good 25 mins then he just went walk about and played in any position he fancied like the rest of them.
Player position discipline under Pep is absolutely zero ,just do your own thing

He had a good 25 mins then he just went walk about and played in any position he fancied like the rest of them.
Player position discipline under Pep is absolutely zero ,just do your own thing

He had an excellent first half IMO but went missing after their 2nd goal just like Silva & Kun. Sterling the only player who didn't stop trying. It's clear to me where the problems lie in attack. Will be interesting to see when Pep does something about it.

He had an excellent first half IMO but went missing after their 2nd goal just like Silva & Kun. Sterling the only player who didn't stop trying. It's clear to me where the problems lie in attack. Will be interesting to see when Pep does something about it.
Sterling tries OK but inspires no confidence he could put the ball in the net.
All three of those players played where they wanted yesterday ..kun ended up playing on the halfway line at the end

I'd be brave enough to say this guy is probably the best player we have on our books now,when he's on it,he is fucking magic,but when he's off it he is woeful,but the whole side seems to dip at the same time when he ain't performing,coincidence ? I dunno,but for me our side needs building around this fella,well certainly from an attacking point of view.

As daft as it sounds,back in the day Neil McNab had the same effect with a City side,if he played well,the team did,the same happens with KDB today

Truly world class on his day, maybe the best in the league on form, but anonymous when it's not his day.

Today wasn't his day.
Been saying this rather too often lately haven't we. His was woeful for much of the game again yesterday. I hope he can find some form soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.