Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he looks to be playing very deep on the left at times to get space.. in the last 2 games he has gotten the ball in a traditional left full position a lot of times. I say traditional left full position because I honestly don't have a fucking clue what positions are anymore.

The last 2 games when playing out from the back - stones and ota split, toure goes back to the edge of the box.. de bruyne and zab drop wide and clichy and sagna push on.. it's fucking mental. It works in that we can have 70% possession, but we have zero threat going forward. We didn't have a shot on target in the 1st half yesterday, not one.. if my memory serves me correctly.

De Bruyne needs to played through the middle. Get him < 30 yards for goal and tell the fucker to shoot everytime.

He needs a rest. He's been woefully out of form since the clocks went forward, same as last season, doesn't seem to have the appetite when the rain and wind starts howling.

He reminds me of the talented kid in the school team who tucks his hands in his shirt when it's cold and doesn't fancy it against the bigger boys. Truly brave players demand the ball even when things aren't going well. Unfortunately, Kevin isn't one of them.

He needs a rest. He's been woefully out of form since the clocks went forward, same as last season, doesn't seem to have the appetite when the rain and wind starts howling.

He reminds me of the talented kid in the school team who tucks his hands in his shirt when it's cold and doesn't fancy it against the bigger boys. Truly brave players demand the ball even when things aren't going well. Unfortunately, Kevin isn't one of them.

What a load of ****
So he wasnt demanding the ball when he put 3 players clean through in the first half yesterday?
If one of those, never mind all 3 which should, goes in; he is the king again

Nice little picture you paint and your description would suit some players, but not him
You are a spoilt fan clearly, who think a player should score from his own pass or something

Truly pathetic, sulky post, slating our best player.

he looks to be playing very deep on the left at times to get space.. in the last 2 games he has gotten the ball in a traditional left full position a lot of times. I say traditional left full position because I honestly don't have a fucking clue what positions are anymore.

The last 2 games when playing out from the back - stones and ota split, toure goes back to the edge of the box.. de bruyne and zab drop wide and clichy and sagna push on.. it's fucking mental. It works in that we can have 70% possession, but we have zero threat going forward. We didn't have a shot on target in the 1st half yesterday, not one.. if my memory serves me correctly.

De Bruyne needs to played through the middle. Get him < 30 yards for goal and tell the fucker to shoot everytime.

It's an interesting move from Pep. Personally I think it showed first half in an ideal world how it should work. KDB lines up sitters for the forwards. The problem is we don't have KDB on the end of the sitters to finish them too. ;) I'm kidding. Can't say that after the miss against Chelsea!

I would prefer him central and closer to goal too. For the moment though we're dealing with a midfield injury crisis of sorts and just general erratic form. Bottom line isn't KDB's versatility makes it easy for Pep to shuffle him around to accommodate others.

Doesn't fancy it against bigger boys? KDB was our best player against Barca, Arsenal, Utd at Trafford. Silva's best game is against Burnley. Without KDB we'd probably score less than half of our goals this season.

'Demand the ball' - what kind of bollocks is this? It doesn't matter if he demands the ball all the time if he does fuck all with it like Silva does most games.

It's an interesting move from Pep. Personally I think it showed first half in an ideal world how it should work. KDB lines up sitters for the forwards. The problem is we don't have KDB on the end of the sitters to finish them too. ;) I'm kidding. Can't say that after the miss against Chelsea!

I would prefer him central and closer to goal too. For the moment though we're dealing with a midfield injury crisis of sorts and just general erratic form. Bottom line isn't KDB's versatility makes it easy for Pep to shuffle him around to accommodate others.

He put some exquisite passes across goal yesterday. His pass for Silva was genuine world class.

We've got one player injured, Gundogan, and Ferna is out for 2 more games. Hardly a crisis. We've got a larger recruitment issue if you ask me.

Zab and Toure don't have the legs for what they're being asked to do. Obviously Pep doesn't trust in the youth players. I would love to see more of Aleix Garcia, he looks like an all rounder.

I have no problem with KDB playing deeper. I actually prefer him getting the ball when facing the opposition goal. As others have pointed out, he put 3 on a plate yesterday unfortunately they were put on a plate for arguably the two worst finishers at the club.

I think the reason he's being asked to score is because he's playing in a "forward" position mostly rather than in a midfield 3. Ideally the front 3 whether in a 433 or a 442 diamond with a 10, need to get goals. Silva's more suited to playing in the middle 3 as per the first 10 games of the season.

Definitely

Truth is if Sterling and Silva were more instinctive finishers he would have two assists yesterday. Our best player all game, not saying much, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.