Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about Kev is that there's so much more to come from him.

He's had a weird season, his finishing has deserted him until about a fortnight ago, he's created dozens of good chances that the forwards have squandered and he's been played all over the place - but he's still been good. Now our forwards seem to have rediscovered their scoring boots, and he's got a couple himself, I expect his raw numbers of assists and goals to kick on.

I would like to see him back closer to the goal and just behind the forwards, any front line with 3 of Aguero/Jesus/Sterling/Sané being fed by De Bruyne is going to be delightful to watch.

Good performance tonight. He does such a lot, linking, passing, moving into space. The odd spot of showbiz. Such a class act.

Good performance tonight. He does such a lot, linking, passing, moving into space. The odd spot of showbiz. Such a class act.
I'm sure there will be a fair few critics as he isn't able to show off all of his skills in such a setup, but I actually agree with you and think Pep must have been impressed with him as well. The fact that we are not that direct *all the time* (we still pretty much are in absolute terms though) means that Silva will always look more spectacular, but it seems like he is starting to get this whole positional play stuff. He was everywhere today, making himself free for Willy's long passes after our passing from the back, showed some brilliant ball retention and craft.

I'm sure there will be a fair few critics as he isn't able to show off all of his skills in such a setup, but I actually agree with you and think Pep must have been impressed with him as well. The fact that we are not that direct *all the time* (we still pretty much are in absolute terms though) means that Silva will always look more spectacular, but it seems like he is starting to get this whole positional play stuff. He was everywhere today, making himself free for Willy's long passes after our passing from the back, showed some brilliant ball retention and craft.
I agree. He's playing very selflessly at the moment (as is Yaya, actually), and is constantly looking to create a situation with an extra man, or put a team mate into space.
As a result of playing deeper we are seeing fewer assists and fewer goals, of course, but the team is working very well...

He may well get more space soon, as teams decide to close down the space for Sané, Silva or Sterling.

Watched the game again and I missed how well Kev played the first time round. He won so many tackles and put in some brilliant deliveries including the corner for the Stones goal. He might not grab the headlines in his new role but he is vital to how we play.

How he,Merlin and Thiago Alcantara are playing is or will be the future of many no.10's in football henceforth.More of a free no.'8'..Silent but very efficient.Gradually the 'no.10 role' is being phased out,with only Mourinho persisting with the 4-2-3-1 formation currently.

Going forward he was good, but along with Silva, defensively they were both shocking.
They didn't pick up the runners as Monaco began to move the ball forward.

Love the fact that he's embraced a role that is less Hollywood than the one he played last season. IMO the goals will come as well next season. This season's about learning what Pep wants positionally and delivering it. Some of his play last night was out of this world. But then the easiest cross on earth to give Raz a tap in and he fluffs it towards the end!

Better.

Not been that impressed with his fitness levels since he's been with us but he was chasing down a lot of balls last night, good to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.