Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not believe that the commentators on BT were saying he was outstanding. He has been utter wank this season. All very well being the "assist king" but the amount of balls he needlessly gives away has you thinking is he really a footballer, then you see him whip a ball only he could.

For me, his best position is wide on the right. Never a number 10 in a million years, hasn't the intelligence.

If there's one player who's always been lauded for his footballing intelligence, it has to be KDB. Maybe something else is in play, like a team that has lost motivation for this season. Let's hope they qualify for the CL so they can build up to the next season.

He's struggled to reproduce his form of last season, but he's still obviously an outstanding player with an awful lot to offer. Apparently he's created more clear cut chances than any other player in the league this season.

He's struggled to reproduce his form of last season, but he's still obviously an outstanding player with an awful lot to offer. Apparently he's created more clear cut chances than any other player in the league this season.
Perfect example of only being rembered if we had put them away. Little chance of that happening this season

KDB is quality.

He is one of our best attacking players. He gives the ball away, yes. I would suggest that's partly because he is trying to move the ball forwards quickly. Maybe others need to get on his wavelength .

KDB is quality.

He is one of our best attacking players. He gives the ball away, yes. I would suggest that's partly because he is trying to move the ball forwards quickly. Maybe others need to get on his wavelength .
Exactly. It's alright passing it around safely in midfield all the time, but now and again we need to make risks in our passing to move the ball forward.

KDB is quality.

Post of the week. All he needs are runners coupled with two aggressive fullbacks who can overlap with pace.

All this abuse being thrown at KDB is shortsighted and should be directed towards Pep.

1) When you have 3 players for 2 spots and you decide to buy someone who's labeled as potentially injury prone...they get hurt and you can't rotate. This is on you.
2) When you try to turn an AM/Wing/Forward who's ruthless on counter attacks and take away those chances...on you.
3) When you assign defensive duties to someone who clearly isn't skilled defensively....on you....expect him to retain possession like dave and yaya when he can't....on you. Expect him to be a finessed based creator like dave and yaya when that's obviously not his style....on you.
4) When you have a finisher who scored 16 in 34 and decide to push him into a deeper role....on you.

I'm one of the least knowledgeable people on this entire website and even I knew that this wasn't going to work out well....

I'm completely committed to Pep and the long term process .... but this has been rough and disappointing.

Like I said multiple times before KDB is mint. If what you're looking for is 95% pass accuracy, the rags would gladly trade KDB with fucking Carrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.