Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's my reading of his comments, but added to the ones from the other day he doesn't sound too enthused.

Said it before training began, don't see how Pep gets the most out of KDB. His playing style is sort of at odds with the system Pep has coached at Bayern and Barca. No real 10 role and a lot of possession and pressing high up the pitch. KDB is at his best playing as a 10 with freedom and playing transition, counter-attacking football.

The tracking back required of an 8 isn't something that he's built on.

Said it before training began, don't see how Pep gets the most out of KDB. His playing style is sort of at odds with the system Pep has coached at Bayern and Barca. No real 10 role and a lot of possession and pressing high up the pitch. KDB is at his best playing as a 10 with freedom and playing transition, counter-attacking football.

What? Are you saying KDB doesn't have the tracking back of a number 8? Granted I don't think it's his best role but De Bruyne, despite understated, is an athlete and he puts in a real shift. Watch him closely as look at the amount of running and tracking back he does. Now I don't know if this system will get the best out of KDB but seeing him ping a 50 yard cross field pass to Sterling against Sunderland at least opens up that potential IMO

Maybe it's my reading of his comments, but added to the ones from the other day he doesn't sound too enthused.
Wait till he joins up for international duty next time...lol, he will be breaking his neck to get back to Pep after dealing with that blue- scouse reject ,and his half baked methods.

What? Are you saying KDB doesn't have the tracking back of a number 8? Granted I don't think it's his best role but De Bruyne, despite understated, is an athlete and he puts in a real shift. Watch him closely as look at the amount of running and tracking back he does. Now I don't know if this system will get the best out of KDB but seeing him ping a 50 yard cross field pass to Sterling against Sunderland at least opens up that potential IMO
I have to agree..watching The KDB track back from the opposing corner flag,all the way back his OWN GOAL LINE during the euros suggests to me this is player with stamina to burn..when he wants or

needs to use it.Allied withthat football brain and sublime touch and vision,and Pep Guardianangel prompting him,its crazy to think what a player our kev could turn into.And yes, you do have to watch him closely to appreciate the ground he covers.

I accept, he, like a few others is still coming to terms with the new system.that is normal. we will see.. hopefully it really takes off at 12.30 on the 10th sept.2016.

Good luck to anyone wanting counter attacking football under Guardiola.

I agree DeBruyne is better playing on the break, but the manager isn't going to change, so De Bruyne will have to adapt.

Our Kev is just warming up. A couple of times he should've passed when he shot it and vice versa. Had nothing to do with being on the break or not. Just a matter of time before he's full steam!

His passing and concentration has improved tremendously. Some great passes and the assist was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.