Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even his biggest fans (calling @karen7) wouldn't seriously suggest he's had an outstanding season. He had a period there in late winter/early spring where he was distinctly underwhelming. Which makes that assist stat all the more remarkable, considering he had an average middle third of the season. Hopefully a sumer with no prolonged international football will stand to him (along with Vinnie and Merlin).

because he had many a game where he was next to useless for 85 minutes, then just creates magic out of thin air, and bag 2 assists, 4 key passes and he clipped the cross bar.

Even his biggest fans (calling @karen7) wouldn't seriously suggest he's had an outstanding season. He had a period there in late winter/early spring where he was distinctly underwhelming. Which makes that assist stat all the more remarkable, considering he had an average middle third of the season. Hopefully a sumer with no prolonged international football will stand to him (along with Vinnie and Merlin).
He has struggled with playing deeper,it really does not suit him and he hardly scores from there,if we had our shooting boots on he'd have got loads more assists and if the goal post had been thinner..

He's been guilty of wasting good chances himself and I don't class him constantly hitting the woodwork especially like the one against chelsea when he had an open net two yards in front of him as unlucky but rather poor finishing. Like some have already said its been a mixed season performance-wise from him despite his stats but even still it tells you all about his quality that in a season where he's largely underwhelmed, he finishes it with the highest assists. He will be a hugely important player for the team next season if he performs to his ability.

He'll want to go after that assist record next season, only two off next year and I can see us scoring 100+ in the league next year.

He'll want to go after that assist record next season, only two off next year and I can see us scoring 100+ in the league next year.

Him and Sergio both should be looking at the players around them and expecting to break the PL goals and assists records respectively.

I imagine pep will have an eye on the 103 goal record Chelsea set too. He's said pretty firmly that our biggest problem was not scoring enough.

Last few games I've started to see the KDB I've been wanting to see since he signed for us. He's won me over. Humble pie eaten :) If he can sort out his consistency he can break the assist record next season. Credit to how good he is that he's got that many assists whilst not being at his best in the majority of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.