Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, autocorrect did me there, it should have read "undroppable" not unstoppable.

KDB was absolutely brilliant against West Ham, dangerous in possession and worked his arse off when be didn't have the ball.

Personally I would keep him where he is, I think he's growing in to the role. It's Pep who's said he sees him playing more wide so it's going to be intersting to see who gives way because Sterling has been outstanding so far.

@BillyShears absolutely no question that De Bruyne is one of our 11 most talented players. I expect him to be a key player this year, barring injury I expect him to be in the top 5 for appearances this season.

The reason I'm saying he's not bulletproof is because Ibrahimovic had huge talent but Pep didn't think he was the right fit and did what was right for the team.

Muller is probably Bayern's best player and Guardiola dropped him for their biggest game of the season because he didn't think he was the right fit for the shape he wanted to play.

"Thiago or nothing" Pep said when he arrived at Bayern, but he ended up not being an automatic starter.

I expect DeBruyne to be a key player for us. But in his career so far, the only "bulletproof" / "undroppable" outfied players have been Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Lahm. All of those players were huge talents but also a perfect fit for every system Guardiola ever played and no one in the squad came anywhere near to challenging them for their spot.

As talented as DeBruyne is, arguably as talented as the group above, I don't think he's as perfect a fit for Guardiola's system as those other players. He also has talent closer to his own to compete with compared with that group. Silva, Gundogan and even Nasri are very healthy competition for him at number 8, and Sterling, Nolito and Sané are healthy competition for him out wide.

Personally the only outfeild player I see as undroppable at the moment is Stones.

So for me DeBruyne is going to be a key player for us this season, but "bulletproof" or "undroppable"? Not quite.

I don't think it's possible to have any undroppable players in the Premier League. Especially not in such a hardworking team. I think they will all have to get used to being dropped.

Pep has already suggested the team would have changed if more players were available.

I think DeBruyne will play in the front 3 at times maybe Silva too.

I don't think it's possible to have any undroppable players in the Premier League. Especially not in such a hardworking team. I think they will all have to get used to being dropped.

Pep has already suggested the team would have changed if more players were available.

I think DeBruyne will play in the front 3 at times maybe Silva too.

Yeh I agree with pretty much all of that.

I personally don't think we'll see much of Silva as one of the wide players though.

Not necessarily a fully fledged wide player but if we played 3 4 3 for instance, he could be an option as one of the front 3 coming in from a starting wide position.

Yeh he's quite capable of doing that role mate, he's played it a lot for Spain.

But I just get the impression Guardiola won't use him there and I think there's 2 main reasons:

1. He's so key for us at number 8 that there will be no appetite to move him from there.
2. It seems to be a requirement of a Guardiola winger to either be direct with blistering pace (Pedro, Sanchez, Costa, Coman, Robben, Ribery, Sterling) or score loads of goals (Henry, David Villa, Messi, Nolito, Robben). Silva doesn't really fit in to either category, but DeBruyne fits in to the latter.

I can see DeBruyne moving out wide in many games but I'm not so sure on Silva. Nothing would surprise me with Pep, but on paper Silva doesn't look a natural fit as a wide player in a Pep team for me.

Zlatan is a twat, who does his own thing, is the main reason Pep binned him.

Spot On. He was binned for non-footballing reasons, as was Manduzkic in Bayern. Comparing these twats to KDB is more like comparing apples to oranges. In Pep Confidential , pep states that he likes players who are happy to run and create spaces for their team-mates and not care about being at the center of attention for 10-15 mins. KDB has done exactly that in the last 3 game. This guy along with silva and gundogan will be a treat to watch.

Spot On. He was binned for non-footballing reasons, as was Manduzkic in Bayern. Comparing these twats to KDB is more like comparing apples to oranges. In Pep Confidential , pep states that he likes players who are happy to run and create spaces for their team-mates and not care about being at the center of attention for 10-15 mins. KDB has done exactly that in the last 3 game. This guy along with silva and gundogan will be a treat to watch.

Jesus Christ, people read in to things what they want to read in to them I suppose.

I wasn't comparing Ibrahimovic's attitude to DeBruyne's, where on earth you've got that notion from I've got absolutely no idea.

An earlier poster suggested that because Pep was instrumental in signing DeBruyne it made him undroppable.

I merely pointed out that there have been players Pep has signed before who were not undroppable such as Ibra and Thiago.

I also used the example of Muller who is a player of huge talent (possibly Bayern's best player) and exemplary behaviour, who Pep dropped for the biggest game of the season because he didn't think he was the right fit for the shape he was going to play.

So the point I was making about DeBruyne is yes he has huge talent, yes he seems like a model pro, yes Guardiola was instrumental in signing him, yes he'll be a key player for us, but that does not mean he is undroppable, as the examples above illustrate.

Jesus Christ, people read in to things what they want to read in to them I suppose.

I wasn't comparing Ibrahimovic's attitude to DeBruyne's, where on earth you've got that notion from I've got absolutely no idea.

An earlier poster suggested that because Pep was instrumental in signing DeBruyne it made him undroppable.

I merely pointed out that there have been players Pep has signed before who were not undroppable such as Ibra and Thiago.

I also used the example of Muller who is a player of huge talent (possibly Bayern's best player) and exemplary behaviour, who Pep dropped for the biggest game of the season because he didn't think he was the right fit for the shape he was going to play.

So the point I was making about DeBruyne is yes he has huge talent, yes he seems like a model pro, yes Guardiola was instrumental in signing him, yes he'll be a key player for us, but that does not mean he is undroppable, as the examples above illustrate.

You do love a pointless semantic argument don't you? Every player we have falls into the same category. They either do what Pep wants or they get dropped. However I'm fairly confident that KDB will rack up as many minutes as any other attacking player in our side. Thus making him central to Pep's plans for the season ahead and also the club's plans for the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.