Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Fernandinho is our only undroppable in a fully fit squad. He's integral to our game an there's nobody close to him in the squad.

You are absolutely correct , no one in this team is Undroppable.
article-2524074-1A19EF6100000578-634_634x440.jpg

I also used the example of Muller who is a player of huge talent (possibly Bayern's best player) and exemplary behaviour, who Pep dropped for the biggest game of the season because he didn't think he was the right fit for the shape he was going to play.

Pep used to drop Müller when he wanted to have more control of the ball in midfield (Müller was usually occupying an 8 spot even if he played a special version of it and was not a ball carrier) but actually it seldom or never really worked out as Bayern does not have a Messi and when the opponent sits back you need him as second striker and to help Robben with his runs. He just has something... We usually did not score without him behind the striker and defensively it was no help either.

Müller and Pep probably is a special story because he lives from his unconventional movement and instinct - and that does not match too good to the control freak Pep is. But Müller has been with distance the guy with the most assists and goals during his tenure - and in every year apart from the last season (where Lewy beat him in numbers but not when time is included).

I cannot see a Gündogan-Silva-KdB midfield either - maybe against smaller opponents. But you have so many matches.

Fernandinho surprised me - I did not really rate him before. But that dude of his hometown and birth year at Bayern - Rafinha - did get a lot game time of Pep, too - a lot more than people have thought before Pep came.

Doubt it myself. Wasn't up to much at OT last year unfortunately

a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and TBH a few of the players heads were down because of how MP was running the show, he'l come good in this type of game and he's the man who will get something from outside the box,there going to park the bus so that's what we need

a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and TBH a few of the players heads were down because of how MP was running the show, he'l come good in this type of game and he's the man who will get something from outside the box,there going to park the bus so that's what we need
Not sure about that. Think they might start off fouling us a lot then have a go at us when they think that they've roughed us up.

Yeh he's quite capable of doing that role mate, he's played it a lot for Spain.

But I just get the impression Guardiola won't use him there and I think there's 2 main reasons:

1. He's so key for us at number 8 that there will be no appetite to move him from there.
2. It seems to be a requirement of a Guardiola winger to either be direct with blistering pace (Pedro, Sanchez, Costa, Coman, Robben, Ribery, Sterling) or score loads of goals (Henry, David Villa, Messi, Nolito, Robben). Silva doesn't really fit in to either category, but DeBruyne fits in to the latter.

I can see DeBruyne moving out wide in many games but I'm not so sure on Silva. Nothing would surprise me with Pep, but on paper Silva doesn't look a natural fit as a wide player in a Pep team for me.
Interesting points there blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.