Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not time we'll drink to Kevin the king became his song. I think a player of Kev's ability would be a fitting tribute to Colin the king...

When I think of KDB, Salah and Kane, I think of this saying.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships."

De Bruyne elevates every one of his teammates' performance on the pitch such that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

Jupp Heynckes, a man who knows a thing or two about football has said he would give the shirt off his back for De Bruyne.

(I had posted the above on POTY thread a while a go and just copy-pasting it here)

Well this is interesting. Without KDB we'd be 4th, not 1st. He alone has earned the team a whopping 20 points. Glad I came across this info as it confirms what I said in respect of Salah, Kane and De Bruyne:

Who are English football's top point earners?
The likes of Harry Kane and Mohamed Salah are being rightly celebrated for banging in the goals this season, but not all goals are created equal. The last goal in a one-sided rout is far less valuable than one which breaks the deadlock or secures a narrow win, so we wanted to find out which players' strikes are the most important to their team's success.

To do this, we've measured the impact of each goal and isolated those which changed games, focusing on two distinct types.

Firstly - and most importantly - are match-winners, which we've defined as the latest goal in a match which gave the winning side the lead. Each of these is technically worth two points, as it took one team from a situation where they were on track to win one point to gaining all three.

Secondly we have equalisers, which in similar fashion we've defined as the last goal in a match which was drawn. These are worth one point, as they rescue a point for a team which was set to finish the game with nothing.

Premier League
When we apply our methodology to the Premier League, it is Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne who leads the way. Of the seven goals and 14 assists he has contributed this season, 10 of them have broken the deadlock decisively in favour of Pep Guardiola's side, crediting him with a whopping 20 points.

Following in his wake is the in-form Harry Kane of Tottenham with 17 points in the form of seven winners and three equalisers to keep his team in the hunt for a top-four finish.

There are several ties in our ranking where players can lay claim to the same number of points; we've settled these by rewarding players who have achieved the same feat in fewer minutes on the pitch this season.

https://www.betstars.uk/en-gb/news/football/english-football-top-point-earners.shtml

So Kev himself said that the player from the past that’s most similar to him is Kaka. While presently it’s Christian Eriksen. Funny I always think Eriksen is like budget KDB.

I might be wrong, but if the boy keeps at it, he looks to have a future in the game. :)

The amount of times I’ve shouted

Oh for fuck sake son that’s brilliant.

Very many.

Chelsea fans must be suicidal every time they watch him. That always makes me laugh.

That’s good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.