Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 27 Jul 2017.
You do say some odd things....
The best player in the league and in my opinion the only one who is truly indispensable in the squad. We rely so heavily on him that we're borderline lost without him.
Some food for thought here... In the previous 2 Prem + CL campaign's he's missed 15 games. We went 5-4-6 and scored 23 goals or 1.5g per game. That number is deceptive as 14 of them came vs bottom dwellers like Celtic, Villa, Hull, and Stoke. We scored two goals vs United, LFC, and Tottenham twice. He's scored or assited in 25% of our league goals. We're lucky to have a 60m reject folks!
Wait until Bernardo hits his stride, KDB will go up another notch which puts him in elite bracket...
He's done the one thing missing from his game this season, grown a pair of bollocks and looks fit!
I reckon he could break Henry's record for 20 PL assists this season.
Said this before the season even started, he will break the record and will massively benefit from the rest that he'll get because of Bernardo and Gundogan playing. He was amazing last season but suffered due to fatigue as was played virtually every game.
I'm buzzing right now off of optimism bud. It's incredible. If we can take 13/15 or 15/15 points (cup, 2cl, 2pl) going into that Chelsea match and pull out at least a draw then I'll be right back up there to my 13/14 season level of confidence. Long overdue for that. :-)
It couldn't have gone any better so far for me bud and that's including the dropped points vs Everton.
1) We finally *got rid* of the 4-3-3 with Kun that I've hated since we trotted out Silva Kun and Navas as a front three and stuck with it for what seemed like an eternity. Man, I would go into the games so pissed off before the game even started. So that appears to be gone.
2) Kun's progressing and doing the smaller things now....and with confidence...so that will hopefully end the GJ + Kun playing together debate.
3) KDB jumped up a level. Huge Bonus. Raz and Sane already have 4 goals and scoring was a concern of mine. That one isn't over for me yet but the fashion in which Sane + Raz scored is promising.
4) Every signing looked outstanding on Paper and it's looking even better now with how well we're playing the 3-5-2 and how well they've all started.
5) I didn't have any concerns with any of our signings not working out but Ederson passed with flying colors. Danilo a potential godsend. Walker and Mendy are playing as well as I thought they would.
6) There were some possible concerns about how Pep would adapt in year two and the vibe I have now is that I'm not worried in the slightest.
Good stuff all around.
Sachin Nakrani waxing lyrical about Our Kev
Man, we haven't "got rid of 433". Guardiola often used 352/343 vs opposition pressing in 433 at Bayern to make passing easier for defenders, so nothing new.
And Liverpool was one-off, unique opponent, like Barcelona last year, don't think we'll play in such counterattacking style anytime soon. Maybe Tottenham and Napoli away? But that's it. So, it's impossible to draw any conclusions from this game.
"KDB jumped up a level". Come on, everyone knows he thrives in a chaotic counterattacking game with quick transitions. His weak spot is controlling the ball in possession under pressure, that's where he needs to get better. Dinho was as good in this game, does it make him a worldclass pivot? No, he'll be gone next summer, if we can afford someone like Julian Weigl.
And no, we didn't look outstanding before the red, the game was absolutely even. It's a freak result, don't fool yourself.
Not being negative, just trying to be realistic.
And yet, I still think he has room to toughen up and to improve his concentration. Fair play to the lad though, I think he is responding to, I assume, Pep's coaching and urging and he looks to be improving. In many ways he is a metaphor for City: his technical ability is not in doubt but he has to deliver consistently and when the going gets tough, home and away. His vision and execution were stunning at times yesterday, a couple of very good interceptions denied him pass of the season moments. The lad just has a great football brain, you can even appreciate when he is interviewed.