Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His problem is not the number of goals/assists but the fact that he loses the ball too easily and struggles to pass under pressure. But today he was flawless in that respect, wonder if he's capable to mantain it further.

Nobody is perfect but I have no problems with player who makes so many chances for his teammates. I think the part of the problem was him having to come deep to pick the ball, he doesn't have a huge engine, I'd rather him being energy saved for those beautiful passes.

When he's on his game there are no words to describe how slick he is. Forgone conclusion that he's getting most PL assists next season.. By a mile to.

Fuckin flawless. In his presser Pep mentioned that when he’s in a positive mood, he can do anything. I think last year’s missed sitter against Chelsea really fucked with his head. Must learn to let things go and move on.

Fuckin flawless. In his presser Pep mentioned that when he’s in a positive mood, he can do anything. I think last year’s missed sitter against Chelsea really fucked with his head. Must learn to let things go and move on.

I have a friend who is like that with golf, one bad shot and he crumbles, even though he was a lot better than me, he has never beat me, he must drop 10 shots if he makes a mistake due to the anger and then trying to batter the ball into next week on the next drive lol

Shame he can't play like this consistently & I don't mean creating chances but his general play. Erase the sloppiness & carelessness from his game and he's up there with Hazard as the best player in the League for me.

Shame he can't play like this consistently & I don't mean creating chances but his general play. Erase the sloppiness & carelessness from his game and he's up there with Hazard as the best player in the League for me.

Last season he suffered in part because we had no pace from the fullback positions. Kevin needs runners and if he has them will find them - but he also benefits from having insurance that defenders can get back. He consistently tries passes that are harder and sometimes they get cut out so I don't think it's sloppiness. I would hate it if he started to take the easy option - passing sideways and backwards. He is pivotal to the system we will play and in my opinion is a fantastic player. Finally I believe he will enjoy having more responsibility in taking set plays - no more thunder foot Kolarov wanting to take them all...

No one in the league has his passing range or his mind. We are lucky to him and lucky have him for so many years in the future.

Just found out that Bosnia will finally play their home game in qualifiers in Sarajevo and not the shitty small stadium 100km away. So I should finally get a ticket and first game is Belgium. When we just found it on news, my son's first question was - Dad, could I have a photo with De Bruyne?

Pep's quote about Kevins quality when he's playing with optimism is spot on. He's going to have a monster year this year and I'm absolutely sure of it. I think he's the best player in the league and you'll see the true KDB this season.

No, he doesn't run the game like Dave does but Dave's final ball is miles behind and ultimately that's more important I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.