Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 27 Jul 2017.

1. JacksonJones

JacksonJones

Belgian FA has not enough money to employ a decent manager

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Mertens has plenty of skill & the vision of a brick, the centre backs are continually costing them soft goals but are largely immune from criticism because one is fast, which gets him out of trouble & the other can pass the ball & they play for Tottenham. The other one is a complete joke.

Fellaini plays, to try & protect them.

3. adrianr

adrianr

Normally I would agree, but perhaps they all kept quiet enough under Wilmots and now think public pressure is the only way forward. They know they have a talented team, very good individuals, and Kev will know what a good manager can do with good players. Wouldn't be surprised if they're very worried about wasting their international careers under pretenders when they should have great shouts at silverwear.

4. taconinja

taconinja

De Bruyne has always been this way. Frankly, it's one of the reasons we have him. He's always been willing to move clubs because he could see that where he was wasn't going to improve him. Now he's with Pep, and we see what he's capable of.

5. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

Fellaini has no place getting in that team ahead of Nainggolan and Witsel. They're better defensively, going forward, physically, tactically, mentally etc. The only way I'd pick him for Belgium is as a forward to hold the ball up and get KDB and Hazard on the ball further up the pitch and that would be plan B.

6. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Witsel is like a typical Arsenal player imo.

7. FlemishDuck

FlemishDuck

Disagree, but then again because i'm dutch, we have a tradition of being quite open and frank, and i think Kevin did the right thing. Besides, better to have the discussion now than when it is too late. And Kevin is intelligent and experienced enough to be able to contribute with constructive criticism i'd think.

8. bobom

bobom

How much did he play over the international break, does anyone know?

9. Cotton Weave Blue

Cotton Weave Blue

He played 45 minutes in a 3-3 draw with Mexico and 62 minutes in a 1-0 win against Japan.

10. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I think Kevin is very intelligent, honest and straightforward guy and will say what he thinks when he wants to say it. Dave and Fern would testify that he is not easy to shut up when he has a beef about something. ‘Let me Speak’!!