Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the public criticism, wouldn't like it if it were about City. Having said that, I'm still amazed Martinez was given that job. Really odd decision especially as they have the potential to achieve great things with the current squad.
Belgian FA has not enough money to employ a decent manager

I haven't seen them very much but I don't really agree with your assessment of the squad except for the full backs (They don't have to use Fellaini) Dries Mertens plays great pass and move football and Vertongen and Alderweireld are as good as anyone .

Mertens has plenty of skill & the vision of a brick, the centre backs are continually costing them soft goals but are largely immune from criticism because one is fast, which gets him out of trouble & the other can pass the ball & they play for Tottenham. The other one is a complete joke.

Fellaini plays, to try & protect them.

Same here. Even if Kevin is right here (and I didn't see the game, so I can't comment), you don't do your dirty washing in public. Though it might do us a favour if he's dropped.

Normally I would agree, but perhaps they all kept quiet enough under Wilmots and now think public pressure is the only way forward. They know they have a talented team, very good individuals, and Kev will know what a good manager can do with good players. Wouldn't be surprised if they're very worried about wasting their international careers under pretenders when they should have great shouts at silverwear.

De Bruyne has always been this way. Frankly, it's one of the reasons we have him. He's always been willing to move clubs because he could see that where he was wasn't going to improve him. Now he's with Pep, and we see what he's capable of.

Mertens has plenty of skill & the vision of a brick, the centre backs are continually costing them soft goals but are largely immune from criticism because one is fast, which gets him out of trouble & the other can pass the ball & they play for Tottenham. The other one is a complete joke.

Fellaini plays, to try & protect them.
Fellaini has no place getting in that team ahead of Nainggolan and Witsel. They're better defensively, going forward, physically, tactically, mentally etc. The only way I'd pick him for Belgium is as a forward to hold the ball up and get KDB and Hazard on the ball further up the pitch and that would be plan B.

Fellaini has no place getting in that team ahead of Nainggolan and Witsel. They're better defensively, going forward, physically, tactically, mentally etc. The only way I'd pick him for Belgium is as a forward to hold the ball up and get KDB and Hazard on the ball further up the pitch and that would be plan B.

Witsel is like a typical Arsenal player imo.

Same here. Even if Kevin is right here (and I didn't see the game, so I can't comment), you don't do your dirty washing in public. Though it might do us a favour if he's dropped.

Disagree, but then again because i'm dutch, we have a tradition of being quite open and frank, and i think Kevin did the right thing. Besides, better to have the discussion now than when it is too late. And Kevin is intelligent and experienced enough to be able to contribute with constructive criticism i'd think.

Disagree, but then again because i'm dutch, we have a tradition of being quite open and frank, and i think Kevin did the right thing. Besides, better to have the discussion now than when it is too late. And Kevin is intelligent and experienced enough to be able to contribute with constructive criticism i'd think.
I think Kevin is very intelligent, honest and straightforward guy and will say what he thinks when he wants to say it. Dave and Fern would testify that he is not easy to shut up when he has a beef about something. ‘Let me Speak’!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.