Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn t make it right that Pep publicly criticize the manager...

This is the golden generation's last world cup tournament.

I don't see why De Bruyne should give up on his dream of winning the world cup because Martinez is shite. If he won't listen in private then making his feelings known publicly is the right thing to do to try and bring about change instead of sitting quietly while your opportunity passes you by.

De Bruyne has been here 3 years, including 1 under Pellegrini who was doing an awful job with the sqaud we had and he never said anything. He never said anything publicly during his Chelsea tenure. So given he's not prone to causing trouble, I assume he's got a very good reason for saying what he did.

De Bruyne has been here 3 years, including 1 under Pellegrini who was doing an awful job with the sqaud we had and he never said anything. He never said anything publicly during his Chelsea tenure. So given he's not prone to causing trouble, I assume he's got a very good reason for saying what he did.

I think about everyone in Belgium assume's KDB's integrity and sense of responsabillety to be as such that atleast the intention is clearly to make Belgium more capable of actually possibly winning the tourney. Besides that, our culture has typically a somewhat higher tolerance for "criticising the boss" and to understand the truth as it is rather than beating around the bush. I have some respect for Martinez however and i hope he can takes it right given cultural difference's in regards to this.

This is the golden generation's last world cup tournament.

Is it?

KDB 26y
Hazard E 26y
Carrasco 24y
Lukaku R 24y
Hazard T 24y
Courtois 25y
Meunier 26y
Those you'd think could easily make the next world cup too, among them some of the teams very best. Towards the defense things get older

Alderweireld 28y
Vertonghen 30y
naingollan 29y
Mertens 29y
Witsel 28y
Dembele 30y
Fellaini 29y
kabasele 26y

That said, i could still see a many of these players still being quite capable in 2022. It's perhaps somewhat less of an issue for many of them in their position to play at that age, and we have done well with experienced defenders before.

Among our younger players
dendoncker 22y
origi 22y
Tielemans 20y
Lukaku J 23y
Januzaj 22y

We deffinatly have a lot of youth players that still need to prove themself on the highest level, in their own right they are fairly good players playing at a fairly good level but they are not comparable yet as replacements to the stars of the team.

I do think we can go another 2WC's and an EC with most of this group, and here and there holes will be plugged, perhaps not always of the same quality but not nessecarily dramatic. It looks more bleak for one of the Belgiums most popular players the lovable Dries Mertens, it will be a pitty loosing him but we actually have the class players on that position to replace him. It's the age group 24-26 that might be the most difficult to replace in time with anything comparable as it contains some exceptional players.

I think about everyone in Belgium assume's KDB's integrity and sense of responsabillety to be as such that atleast the intention is clearly to make Belgium more capable of actually possibly winning the tourney. Besides that, our culture has typically a somewhat higher tolerance for "criticising the boss" and to understand the truth as it is rather than beating around the bush. I have some respect for Martinez however and i hope he can takes it right given cultural difference's in regards to this.

Is it?

KDB 26y
Hazard E 26y
Carrasco 24y
Lukaku R 24y
Hazard T 24y
Courtois 25y
Meunier 26y
Those you'd think could easily make the next world cup too, among them some of the teams very best. Towards the defense things get older

Alderweireld 28y
Vertonghen 30y
naingollan 29y
Mertens 29y
Witsel 28y
Dembele 30y
Fellaini 29y
kabasele 26y

That said, i could still see a many of these players still being quite capable in 2022. It's perhaps somewhat less of an issue for many of them in their position to play at that age, and we have done well with experienced defenders before.

Among our younger players
dendoncker 22y
origi 22y
Tielemans 20y
Lukaku J 23y
Januzaj 22y

We deffinatly have a lot of youth players that still need to prove themself on the highest level, in their own right they are fairly good players playing at a fairly good level but they are not comparable yet as replacements to the stars of the team.

I do think we can go another 2WC's and an EC with most of this group, and here and there holes will be plugged, perhaps not always of the same quality but not nessecarily dramatic. It looks more bleak for one of the Belgiums most popular players the lovable Dries Mertens, it will be a pitty loosing him but we actually have the class players on that position to replace him. It's the age group 24-26 that might be the most difficult to replace in time with anything comparable as it contains some exceptional players.

The defence will be past it by 2022 and with that you've lost any semblance of balance. If you're going to win something it's either Russia or Euro 2020.

Alderwiereld will be 33, Vertonghen 35, Vermaelen 36, even Meunier will be the wrong side of 30.

Unless there's a bunch of similarly talented 20 year old belgian CB's I'm not aware of and haven't been called up, that defence is going to be pretty poor by Qatar.

The defence will be past it by 2022 and with that you've lost any semblance of balance. If you're going to win something it's either Russia or Euro 2020.

Alderwiereld will be 33, Vertonghen 35, Vermaelen 36, even Meunier will be the wrong side of 30.

Daniel van Buyten was 36 when he was in the main line of the defense for Belgium at the 2014 WC, and the man was a bloody rock. Or to emphasize that further, he was fucking mint, seldom have i seen such a class defender as van buyten for the 2014 WC.

Don't act as if all those defenders will magicly go shit when they hit 30, i'm not saying they all will still be there and in truth it depends on how easily we could find talented youths to replace them, but i can deffinatly see some of them still being around. It's hard to say when decline would hit and how much it might inpact them by then given the rather high level they need to decline from, also depending on their own age and position.

Last edited:
I'd argue that speaking out on behalf of your country takes balls and leadership. It tends to be what most footballers seek, success with their nation and their ultimate dream - not to mention the passion a lot of other countries have for their national team on the whole.

At club level it's a different kettle of fish, in my opinion.

I could write a whole page with superlatives, suffice to say he seems on track for ballon d'or.

What player. Top class strike.

Whenever we need a goal he scores or creates one out of nowhere.

World class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.