Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't at his best, but no one really was, still yet again made the difference with his pass to help win us the game - this is what makes him so key.

As much as anything he just looked knackered. From the 60th minute to the end you can see he couldn’t even run anymore, even when there was a chance to go on a break. When fit you would know he would go on that Yaya style kind of run and slip the final pass but he just wasn’t able to run. His final pass was made while he was standing still. A testament to his skill really. I think Pep knows this too which is why he is sent to Dubai to have some down time.

As much as anything he just looked knackered. From the 60th minute to the end you can see he couldn’t even run anymore, even when there was a chance to go on a break. When fit you would know he would go on that Yaya style kind of run and slip the final pass but he just wasn’t able to run. His final pass was made while he was standing still. A testament to his skill really. I think Pep knows this too which is why he is sent to Dubai to have some down time.

Is that true? That's great news if so, a short warm, rest and mental relaxation will do him wonders!

He might have looked a bit tired but I think some people on here underestimate his impact. Just listen to Pep's post game interveiws. He mentioned more than once how important Kevin was in the second half for keeping the tempo in the game, even more so then David Silva. And if you watch Kevin that second half closely and have a bit of a footballing brain you will understand why Pep emphasized this post match. He is quickly become a Zidanesque kind of a player for City. Anyone in the team just knows that you can send anything to him and he will find a way to turn it into a pass that keeps the ball rolling for the team and most of the times directly lead to danger. Just absolutely stellar and no other midfielder currently has this impact on a team anywhere in world football.

I thought Debruyne was excellent second half in upping our tempo from the back.
First half there was so.rarely anyone in space in front of him his skills were negated.

Yeah he’s bad better games. But when you set the bar so high every not so great performance will be overanalysed.

Euh. This guy has been a master together with Silva these past few games.

Kevin said it in an interview recently. He's learnt from David how to hone his game to perfection. Stay killar dangerous but keep the ball in the team. These two together are really what we are about now. So here a little bump for our ginger magician as well, it's not like it's only Merlin these past two games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.