Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has those sort of games every now and then but he's world class 99% of the time.

I think he is the sort of player who needs to play every game to work through any dip in form. First half he looked rusty but second half he stepped up a gear and was unlucky not to score ( assuming Kun claims the hair gel touch for his first goal !).
CTID

I noticed some sloppyness last game too, but then he also did a number of good tackle's and interceptions and provided an assist. Not sure if more game time is the answer right now, he plays a lot of matches and tends to put a lot of work in for the team. Were going to meet some harder competition in Februari afaik, perhaps a bit of rest before that might be advisable.

And yes get that extension done already.

I noticed some sloppyness last game too, but then he also did a number of good tackle's and interceptions and provided an assist. Not sure if more game time is the answer right now, he plays a lot of matches and tends to put a lot of work in for the team. Were going to meet some harder competition in Februari afaik, perhaps a bit of rest before that might be advisable.

And yes get that extension done already.
Those early and first time passes to front runners aren't coming off like earlier in the season.
I suppose if he paused to ensure the pass was good, then he'd maybe lose the impetus/opportunity to create the chance. We have enough tiki taki, he's more incisive.
So as I see it, keep taking the risk Kev, the reward will come.
His work rate is non-stop which ensures he never has a stinker.
Contract, great signing

Those early and first time passes to front runners aren't coming off like earlier in the season.
I suppose if he paused to ensure the pass was good, then he'd maybe lose the impetus/opportunity to create the chance. We have enough tiki taki, he's more incisive.
So as I see it, keep taking the risk Kev, the reward will come.
His work rate is non-stop which ensures he never has a stinker.
Contract, great signing

I think it's the opposite with Kev. If he has too much time and space, with noone busting a gut to get in behind, he is too casual with the "easy" passes. He just kind of dismissively flicks the ball away, as if the artist in him hates playing a 15 yard square pass. Give him a runner, no space and instinct kicks in. Bang goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.