Khaldoon: "I Really Care" (About The Fans)

I don't know I get that it seems like everyone is trying to rip you off these days and the working class are being forced out of stadiums more and more but I don't think CFG are on the level of most of the big clubs owners in that regard(city fans are lucky compared to most other top flight teams especially with the calibre of players City have). Given how much has been invested and how far it's taken the club forward in ways most could have only dreamed of... to say just because the club are in profit finally that they can't justify a £1 per game price increase is ignoring the fact that this is how it should be run, in an ideal world admission would be free and you would pay only in your brilliant vocal support on the sidelines and all the money would come from the commercial side because the ground is full(a great fantasy if only it were that simple). It's no good talking about percentages of increases in match day revenue when we have what's regarded as one of the cheapest on an average season card prices(if I what I've read is true) in top flight football to begin with.

Last edited:
£52M total matchday revenues
£20M profits.

Let's say all the commercial stuff, TV revenues, etc, etc, etc, pretty much now pay for the club, and matchday revenues (not just ticket sales, but beer, pies, programs, etc.), which increased by 21% (£10M) helped turned that £20M profit.

How would you change things? Without that £10M increase in matchday revenues, we would have made just £10M. Assuming you don't want us to lose money, but essentially be a non-profit ("at the expense of the average punter"), where would you cut the £10M? Say MDR of £52 was £40M in tickets and £12M in ancillary revenues, would you want a 25% cut in ticket prices or pay less for a beer?

FWIW, I think City take very good care of their fans. They have, BY FAR, the best "bang for the buck" season ticket, but not necessarily where you want it to be. I do think they should rejigger the season tickets, probably when the North Stand third tier is complete, so we have can have specific areas for fans wanting to stand, sing, etc.

If we were making hundreds of millions, I could see and understand the outrage. With such slim margins at present, it is hard to think there is much fat in the system, but the owners do need to be mindful that season ticket costs are the best way to fill the stadium with local fans, and keeping them as low as possible is in their best interests.

The forum is what the posters make it.
There are as many repeat themselves ad infinitum positively as do negatively. Although it would seem those disliking the negative viewpoints think it's ok to also attack the poster as well as their views, which is against the CoC.

That cut's both ways as well. I have seen many a post by some of the more vehement anti price rise posters label those fans who don't agree with them as "spineless ****s" accusing them of "bending over" to the owner, yet when I raised they should probably refrain from ad-hominem arguments - I was the one who was accused of making things personal! The irony was staggering.

For what it's worth, and I'll caveat it by saying that as an Australian based supporter my opinion probably doesn't carry as much weight as those match-day going fans (and probably is a fair reason why I don't really comment on these threads), I can see both sides of the argument. Yes the price rises maybe out of sync with CPI or other increases, but when it's starting from such a low base, and with the football and players we now have playing for us, I can see why they would consider increasing it.

What I don't understand is the constant repetition of the same arguments in thread upon thread. By all means this is a forum where people should vent if they need to, but maybe not constantly hijack threads to serve your own agenda, or start more threads, like this one, which simply goes over the same ground. Could this not be contained in the original end of season interview video thread?

WHOOSH!!

I was only stringing him along, but your arguments are thread bare and frayed around the edges.

But at the end of the day we're all blues here - cut from the same cloth so to speak...
I'm not cut from the same cloth as any other man, fella ;)

Not really.

Everybody will always be grateful for what Sheikh Mansour has done for the club. That has been posted over and over again. And will always be.

There are many reasons.

8 season ticket price rises in the last 9 seasons isn't good. Last seasons season ticket price freeze was only brought about by the CL PSG ticket price rise backlash.
My season ticket was originally £450. Now it's £665. That's nearly a £25 rise per season for that last 9 seasons, give or take.
Next season some season ticket prices have been kept the same(£299), while other season ticket prices have gone up. What's the logic in that? Divide and conquer? City either freeze the ticket prices for everyone, or they increase the season ticket prices for everyone. Don't starting dividing the fans.
Fans have once again been moved to make way for another executive development. The tunnel club. £15K? That's hot on the heels of the Family stand and level 2 corporate moves.
On top of that tiered block pricing was introduced. A difference in 1 row could set you back £200+ compared to the row in-front. Why? Another way to drive revenue.
The growing distance between the people running the club and the fans. It wasn't like this when we move to the Etihad. And when Sheikh Mansour first bought the club. But it has slowly but surely crept in. Why? That's coming from the people running the club. As a club we've never been like that. And we certainly weren't when Gary Cook was in-charge.
Wasting £10's millions/£100's millions on players like Bony, Mangala, etc, while trying to claw back £500K/£750K in a pointless season ticket price rise.
I could tell you something you wouldn't believe when it comes to wasting money at City. But I'd get somebody into trouble.
No wonder the matchday running costs at the club need to be covered by season ticket price rises. Apparently?
The list goes on.

The fact that Khaldoon has touched on this matter during his end of season interview, and now the email survey, etc, points to the club finally taking notice of the current and on-going discontent amongst the fans and finally acting on it. And I guess the alarm bells began ringing with the amount of empty seats this season, season tickets not being renewed, cup schemes, and platinum being dropped en-masse, etc. City fans and football fans in general will only take so much. Then they will react with their wallets. That £1 price rise this season has probably cost City £5.(making that figure up) That's not driving and making matchday revenue, that's losing matchday revenue.
Indeed, fella

That cut's both ways as well. I have seen many a post by some of the more vehement anti price rise posters label those fans who don't agree with them as "spineless ****s" accusing them of "bending over" to the owner, yet when I raised they should probably refrain from ad-hominem arguments - I was the one who was accused of making things personal! The irony was staggering.

For what it's worth, and I'll caveat it by saying that as an Australian based supporter my opinion probably doesn't carry as much weight as those match-day going fans (and probably is a fair reason why I don't really comment on these threads), I can see both sides of the argument. Yes the price rises maybe out of sync with CPI or other increases, but when it's starting from such a low base, and with the football and players we now have playing for us, I can see why they would consider increasing it.

What I don't understand is the constant repetition of the same arguments in thread upon thread. By all means this is a forum where people should vent if they need to, but maybe not constantly hijack threads to serve your own agenda, or start more threads, like this one, which simply goes over the same ground. Could this not be contained in the original end of season interview video thread?
The thing is, in Germany, for example, fans of OTHER CLUBS would stand with fans who are being made to pay more (doubled prices in 9 years for our SCs) for tickets no matter what club they supported and would protest against the money makers so that fans aren't lost from clubs. In this country fans of our own clubs will not get behind each other and fans of other clubs take the piss when fans are lost and empty seats are apparent. We're a country full of sad bastards who think that brown nosing the top men is the way to be, or they're "alright Jack" until it directly affects them and until it does it's "so fucking what? Get over it!" attitude.

makes me laugh when non match attending telly fans think season card prices are fine.

Let alone the ones who go but either get a concession or earn loads

makes me laugh when non match attending telly fans think season card prices are fine.

Let alone the ones who go but either get a concession or earn loads

For me thats a really weird post.
I don't get the last bit in your post mate. I don't mean any offence, but you are laughing at and slagging off fans who just accept their citycard season ticket price and ESPECIALLY the ones who dont complain because they may or may not earn more than an ordinary fan?
What is it to you what someone earns and how they earn it, they may earn it/probably do earn it due to extreme hard work and dedication in their workplace?
So it makes you laugh that they swallow the fee and pay it. I understand the telly and armchair fan thing, but again the ones who earn a concession ESPECIALLY get a laugh from you, so you wouldn't be happy getting a discount if youre under 18 or over 65?

Again, this isnt an argument nor trying to get a reaction, just don't see any sense in what your'e saying or think on that

are you right in the head pal?

To be CLEAR to you. What I am saying , and I think it's quite obvious, is that anyone who watches on telly, gets a concession or earns loads of dosh shouldn't be saying that season card prices are fine for lower earning fans who pay full adult price. The argument that there are thousands of £299 tickets ( in shit places) doesnt wash with me .

It makes me laugh when they do say everything is ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.