Khaldoon interview

laid into Melbourne then, and he's really got his sights set on domination, which is nice. Needs informing that he needs to buy the PL/refs otherwise it's wasted breath.

Glad he has the same views on me on what we can and should hopefully achieve and the critical eye needed to make sure we get there.

and in khaldoon and the owners we trust

the media will love it and will jump all over it and add the pressure from day one in the new season you watch pre-season they will be right on us and we don't turn up and win it will be cannon fodder
I thought I trusted them after we won the league in 2012. Then I watched Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon rock up. I'll believe it when I see it. Talk is easy...

I don't know about you guys, it gave me the impression that Pep is under immense pressure to deliver trophies.
That's why he is on something north of 13 million quid a year!

Last edited:
Interesting his take on Melbourne. Didn't skip around the pathetic collapse after Christmas and by his comments on character could indicate a new hard edged coach to shake things up.

most interesting bit for me was when he talked about the academy and specifically mentions sancho, foden and diaz as having the potential to make the first team.

I wish he hadn't mentioned them by name. Its not really the Chairman's job to be publicly assessing junior players. By all means say that we have academy players that we think will make the first team, but it doesn't seem right for the Chairman to be naming them. Not 16/17 year olds. Too much pressure. And not that great for the ones that are doing well, have been told that they are first team prospects, but haven't been named.

He won't have named them without Pep's assertions.

Regarding Joe, he was an absolute hero to many of us but Mancini also wanted to sell him. Pep clearly decided very quickly that he was to go and that doesn't really fit from a footballing perspective as all of the other 'heroes' stayed. Non footballing reasons are my undoubted suspicion.

I don't know anymore than anybody else, and I'm not pointing any fingers at Joe. All I'm saying is, and I said this in another post, that the two scenarios don't necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. He has been a great servant to this club but there are rumours out there that he did have a hand in destabilising the Mancini managership. If these rumours are true, and I don't know if they are, I wouldn't blame Pep for not wanting to entertain a player who may be a potentially destabilising influence in the dressing room regardless of how valuable that player might be on the pitch.

The bottom line would seem to be that Pep does not rate Joe remember he was crap in France last summer and the deficiencies in the distributive part of his game were discussed again and again on here long before Pep arrived. Pep has been embarrassed by the poor performances of his replacement but by most accounts Joe had another indifferent season in Italy and is clearly not coming back. I agree that he was a loyal servant but really have no insight into whether he was a malign influence behind the dressing room door.

I thought I trusted them after we won the league in 2012. Then I watched Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon rock up. I'll believe it when I see it. Talk is easy...
I think our purchasing strategy has evolved since then. In future I believe we will generally try to replace a player with a better or equal alternative. Remember it takes 5-7 years to build a stable squad which can compete in an organic manner. We now have potentially better prospects in our academy than the players you mention and the type of players we are trying to bring in and have brought in over the last couple of summers are clearly a step above. If we can replace the guys leaving at the back with proven quality I am as certain as certain I can be that we will at the minimum take the title race down to the wire next season.

I wish he hadn't mentioned them by name. Its not really the Chairman's job to be publicly assessing junior players. By all means say that we have academy players that we think will make the first team, but it doesn't seem right for the Chairman to be naming them. Not 16/17 year olds. Too much pressure. And not that great for the ones that are doing well, have been told that they are first team prospects, but haven't been named.

thats a good point, hes put so much pressure on them now. all 3 might not make it at city, so i do feel for the other lads trying to make it.

i don't believe city at that time was anything like we are today and the vision is clear now. we have the main man in pep and the club and chairman now have to deliver and looking at the targets set we mean business. new signings with a youth feel and a mix of what we had at the club all ready will set the foundation and i truly have faith in the chairman and with the targets i feel the better the club will be. even pep needs to be pushed and make him feel under pressure he would not be in the job if not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.