Khaldoon

For what it's worth I would be shocked if the reasons for pulling out of the Madrid deal were anything even remotely sporting related. Khaldoon really doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's making decisions for his $125bn sovereign wealth fund based on how it might affect City's summer transfer window.

Khaldoon really doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's making decisions for his $125bn sovereign wealth fund based on how it might affect City's summer transfer window.
Never underestimate the ability of City to get into someone's blood and lead them to make what may otherwise seem strange decisions. ;-)

Thing is control of world football is slowly moving towards the Arab States and the old powers don't want this to happen. This is probably a very small lesson to Madrid about who you align with in the future, not just next seasons transfer business for City. In a simplistic form Madrid want Galacticos and a fantastic stadium to showcase them in, that's fine if you can afford it but they can't so they think they can borrow money from a consortium that's headed up by the right hand man of one of the leaders of a country that would like to be one of the rulers of world football at some point in the future . Madrid after getting their Galacticos and new stadium then try to keep in allegiance with the old guard by influencing rule changes that hamper the people that lent them the money in the first place . This is a small lesson to Madrid about who best to align with going forward.

I would imagine this it is down to bigger issues than Tebas, as to why Khaldoon and the senior exec team at Mubadala pulled the plug on funding for Madrid's new stadia.

However, I do know that Senior people at City were pretty upset with Tebas and his comments and it could be one of many reasons that influenced their decision in pulling the funding from Madrid.

That first picture represents Sheikh Mansour's dream team. There is no better "senior management" team in world football. Those four intelligent, driven, popular men are the reason why we will win the Champions League and dominate English football.

Thing is control of world football is slowly moving towards the Arab States and the old powers don't want this to happen. This is probably a very small lesson to Madrid about who you align with in the future, not just next seasons transfer business for City. In a simplistic form Madrid want Galacticos and a fantastic stadium to showcase them in, that's fine if you can afford it but they can't so they think they can borrow money from a consortium that's headed up by the right hand man of one of the leaders of a country that would like to be one of the rulers of world football at some point in the future . Madrid after getting their Galacticos and new stadium then try to keep in allegiance with the old guard by influencing rule changes that hamper the people that lent them the money in the first place . This is a small lesson to Madrid about who best to align with going forward.
Could be very close to the truth

Whilst I would love it to be a dig at Tebas I think it has more to do with the roof. IIRC Madrid wanted to enclose the stadium, basically putting a roof on it, this would have considerably increased the height of the stadium overall. The sponsorship was to pay for the roof and it would have had the sponsers name on it.
Madrid city council said no to the plans as it would have been too high, the club had a choice, lower the stadium by removing seats and then roofing it or leaving it. They have tried bodging it and I assume Khaldoon has not liked the new version and pulled the plug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.