Khaldoon

Whilst I would love it to be a dig at Tebas I think it has more to do with the roof. IIRC Madrid wanted to enclose the stadium, basically putting a roof on it, this would have considerably increased the height of the stadium overall. The sponsorship was to pay for the roof and it would have had the sponsers name on it.
Madrid city council said no to the plans as it would have been too high, the club had a choice, lower the stadium by removing seats and then roofing it or leaving it. They have tried bodging it and I assume Khaldoon has not liked the new version and pulled the plug.

It doesn’t really matter if it was in the board’s mind to deliver a big fat ‘fuck off’ to Tebas.

What matters is whether Tebas interprets it that way.

And even if he does, what can he do or prove?

Nothing, it’s the impact on his psyche that’s important. If he feels he has been shat on from a great height after displeasing Khaldoon, it matters not whether a Khaldoon intended to shit on him or not

Whilst I would love it to be a dig at Tebas I think it has more to do with the roof. IIRC Madrid wanted to enclose the stadium, basically putting a roof on it, this would have considerably increased the height of the stadium overall. The sponsorship was to pay for the roof and it would have had the sponsers name on it.
Madrid city council said no to the plans as it would have been too high, the club had a choice, lower the stadium by removing seats and then roofing it or leaving it. They have tried bodging it and I assume Khaldoon has not liked the new version and pulled the plug.
Thanks, very insightful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.