Kidney Stones

They're sending me home today and I've got to go back on Thursday to decide what I want to do.... my options are shock wave to break the stone down and piss out the fragments, or have a tube shoved up my Japs into my kidneys and get them to drain it out! Or thirdly, a clinic trial where they decide for me so they can evaluate which is the best option for future reference, as at the moment they don't know which is the best treatment.

Big choices neither which I fancy to be honest.
none of the options are gonna be painless so id just go for the quickest and get it over with which i reckon would be having it broken up

They're sending me home today and I've got to go back on Thursday to decide what I want to do.... my options are shock wave to break the stone down and piss out the fragments, or have a tube shoved up my Japs into my kidneys and get them to drain it out! Or thirdly, a clinic trial where they decide for me so they can evaluate which is the best option for future reference, as at the moment they don't know which is the best treatment.

Big choices neither which I fancy to be honest.
how far to the ground from your upstairs window?.....good luck bud, my sympathies

none of the options are gonna be painless so id just go for the quickest and get it over with which i reckon would be having it broken up

Yeah it's what I was thinking and most likely the option I'll go with.

In the mean time they've put me on a few painkillers and antibiotics, one of which is codeine, a painkiller I've been on since Sunday.... I've not been able to shit since then and I know that's the most common side effect from codeine.
I'm hoping someone may have a solution to combating this as every time I try to go for a shit nothing happens, but as soon as I get off the toilet I feel as though I'm going to shit my pants! Pissing me right off!

Yeah it's what I was thinking and most likely the option I'll go with.

In the mean time they've put me on a few painkillers and antibiotics, one of which is codeine, a painkiller I've been on since Sunday.... I've not been able to shit since then and I know that's the most common side effect from codeine.
I'm hoping someone may have a solution to combating this as every time I try to go for a shit nothing happens, but as soon as I get off the toilet I feel as though I'm going to shit my pants! Pissing me right off!
Just fuck the pain killers off they ain't gonna be much use anyway

I had the joy of kidney stones ten years ago and they went up through my japs eye three times (to put in a stent, then to break it up with a laser and stent it, then to take the stent back out).

Then my other bastard kidney started up three weeks ago though just for a few hellish hours in the middle of the night.

But it's just woken up again and I'm currently rolling around in the bath trying to soothe the pain. Was at the hospital this morning having it scanned but they sent me home with ibruprofen as they don't like opiates out here (they are haram you see).

Really starting to get fucked off. They've given me antibiotics, something to make me pee and a muscle relaxant to help ease the passage into my bladder. I'd currently kill for a shot of morphine or for someone to just put me out of my misery.

I had the joy of kidney stones ten years ago and they went up through my japs eye three times (to put in a stent, then to break it up with a laser and stent it, then to take the stent back out).

Then my other bastard kidney started up three weeks ago though just for a few hellish hours in the middle of the night.

But it's just woken up again and I'm currently rolling around in the bath trying to soothe the pain. Was at the hospital this morning having it scanned but they sent me home with ibruprofen as they don't like opiates out here (they are haram you see).

Really starting to get fucked off. They've given me antibiotics, something to make me pee and a muscle relaxant to help ease the passage into my bladder. I'd currently kill for a shot of morphine or for someone to just put me out of my misery.

Feel for you blue, i've had then twice before and they are so painful, the last time I was taken ill with them on a flight abroad. I didn't even make it to the hotel as the driver on the bus transfer wouldn't take me any further and called an ambulance.
Unless people have gone through the experience of kidney stones they can not appreciate just how bad they are, i have read stories of solders who have suffered gun shot injuries that said were not as bad as stones.

I got prescribed Diclofenac when I was admitted to hospital last year (twice in 2 weeks) with my Kidney stones.... They are suppositories (they use to be able to give them orally but they made people violently ill, so now they're suppositories only), but the pain I was in was so excruciating I wasn't even that bothered! I've got to say they were the best pain killers I ever had for my Kidney Stones, nothing else got rid of the pain other than morphine but they wouldn't give me that on prescription!!

Also I can't believe you went for the lithotrite treatment previously, I went for the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy treatment, and although painful as fuck (it feels like someone is firing an elastic band at your back for 40 minutes solid!) it seemed like a better shout than a rod up my japs eye!!
The piss man oh my days, pissing after treatment, I almost passed out when I saw the ribena juice flowing!!

I pray your stones aren't that large, but the pain sounds like they're big enough to notice! Pissing the stones out wasn't a problem for me, but the process of going through the ureter, oh my fucking god!! That was the worse fucking pain that I've ever experienced, and never want to ever again! When I get slight back pains now after a night on the booze I fucking bottle it and refuse to drink anything but water for the next 4 weeks!!

So last night I collapsed at home in pain, rang the nhs number and got told to go A&E..... Long story short and 12 hours later (without any pain relief) I got emitted and eventually had a CT scan which showed a 1cm kidney stone lodged inbetween my kidney and water pipe (which is the pipe that leads from the kidney to the bladder).... It's been an absolute ball ache (literally) and going for a piss I feel like an 80 year old man...

I've never had a kidney stone before but the nurses have told me 1cm is pretty impressive, only problem now is I'm waiting for consultant to decide whether to give me shock wave treatment, or surgery... Anyone had kidney stones before? What you reckon my chances are for surgery? I'm dreading having surgery as I can't be arsed with the time off work, can't afford it.
Was on morphine with these bastards, never felt pain like it, fucking horrendous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.