Kids riding bikes on "private" estate

Right next to my house is an expensive new build estate. The houses are for sale for around a million and most have been moved into. It has an electronic gate for vehicle access but the gates for public access are always open.

My boys (aged 9) have just learned to ride their bikes, and tonight took them onto this estate and rode them around. They came back upset because some geezer came out and told them to leave because it was 'private'. There are no signs restricting entry, or saying Private Road, but I understand that many of these new estates are left unadopted/private by the council from a maintenance point of view.

Whilst I'm not the sort to be wilfully awkward with neighbours, or to demand my rights just because I can, I can't help but feel this guy is being a bit of a dick. There isn't really anywhere else safe for my boys around here as beginners, and they are quiet and well behaved, just riding around a quiet estate quietly.

Does anyone know whether this guy actually has a right in his own to kick them off? I know trespass is a civil, not police, matter, so I suspect in reality there isn't much he could do. I'm anticipating some kind of scene if it happens again and I'd like to know what rights this guy has.

Thanks to anyone for any help. I appreciate this sounds like one of those one-sided stories you get on the internet but it really isn't.
Your boys can't ride around on another mans road licking shot bro
They r gonna get caught slipping trust ,lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.