Kiev ban over turned

First ever Euro away day booked! Cannot wait. Two of us on the 3:10am out of Gatwick on the morning of the 24th, think a few others have mentioned being on that one?

Anyone have any idea how many tickets we've sold so far? My ticket appears to be row 6...

First ever Euro away day booked! Cannot wait. Two of us on the 3:10am out of Gatwick on the morning of the 24th, think a few others have mentioned being on that one?

Anyone have any idea how many tickets we've sold so far? My ticket appears to be row 6...
Yeh me and a mate on that flight out of Gatwick aswell, can't wait for it! I spoke to someone who works at city today and they said we have not sold half the allocation yet! The club predicted about 750 would go before tickets went on sale

Think half that plane out of Gatwick will be City! Fair play to those who are making this their first Euro away day, in at the deep end! :)

Apparently a taxi from the airport to the city centre will cost about £7 one way, gonna be cheap as chips if we all bundle in various taxis together. What are people doing for currency? Think I'm just gonna make a withdrawal at an ATM in the airport, and try and just get enough to last the 2 nights. Will also have some Euros on me. If you go to a currency exchange place, keep the receipt otherwise you'll struggle to change it back.

Oh, and if anyone fancies the Chernobyl tour on the Thursday, here's the link to the company I'm booked with....https://chernobyl-tour.com/english/......granted, not everyones cup of tea but I don't see myself being back in Ukraine/Kiev anytime soon, and it should be pretty interesting.

Think half that plane out of Gatwick will be City! Fair play to those who are making this their first Euro away day, in at the deep end! :)

Apparently a taxi from the airport to the city centre will cost about £7 one way, gonna be cheap as chips if we all bundle in various taxis together. What are people doing for currency? Think I'm just gonna make a withdrawal at an ATM in the airport, and try and just get enough to last the 2 nights. Will also have some Euros on me. If you go to a currency exchange place, keep the receipt otherwise you'll struggle to change it back.

Oh, and if anyone fancies the Chernobyl tour on the Thursday, here's the link to the company I'm booked with....https://chernobyl-tour.com/english/......granted, not everyones cup of tea but I don't see myself being back in Ukraine/Kiev anytime soon, and it should be pretty interesting.

@feedthegoat27 how long are you staying for pal ? and your link is down;

When we go to Europeans we too like to make the most of the place and behave as pathfinders for the many supporters following in our footsteps.
It is nice to breath another Cities culture and we have completed many tourist trips on our Euro away's.
Imbibe of the culture you have travelled such a distance to see so I would think it rude not to see what the host country has to offer.

Our best was the friendly in Dortmund about seven years back
We normally do Monday to Friday
I have always wanted to see were the incredulous Guy Gibson made his attacking run on the Moenhe dam.
These were relatively young crews but what they lacked in years they more than made up for in courage

Excerpt taken from Wiki
Formation No. 1 arrived over the Möhne lake and Gibson's aircraft (G for George) made the first run, followed by Hopgood (M for Mother). Hopgood's aircraft was hit by flak as it made its low-level run and was caught in the blast of its own bomb, crashing shortly afterwards when a wing disintegrated.
Three crew members successfully abandoned the aircraft, but only two survived.
Subsequently Gibson flew his aircraft across the dam to draw the flak away from Martin's run. Martin (P for Popsie) bombed third; his aircraft was damaged but made a successful attack. Next, Young (A for Apple) made a successful run and after him Maltby (J for Johnny) when, finally, the dam was breached. Gibson, with Young accompanying, led Shannon, Maudslay and Knight to the Eder.[6] In the attack on the Möhne one of the bombers made a running commentary on the attack, relayed to base by an airborne TR. 1142 (Transmitter Receiver) manufactured by GEC, the distance being too great for direct VHF transmission.

I will just run you through this highlighted paragraph again ...
Subsequently Gibson flew his aircraft across the dam to draw the flak away from Martin's run.
Unbelievable raw courage of the highest magnitude and calibre !
Not only did Gibson make his bomb run but then returned to take away the enemy fire and flak from his friends and squadron members.
He then flew on to the other dams for support.
He could have stood down but volunteered to carry on serving his country
Sadly after after attacking railway and industrial targets at Monchengladbach and Reyt he was shot down over Holland and killed.Bravery personified !
I tell you this because we both stood on that dam and so no it's not just about the football but experiencing the place you are visiting in it's entirety.

In Saltzburg we got to visit the Untersberg mountain in the Salzburg hills via cable car
We saw Mozart and we went on the sound of music tour and visited the Mirrabelle gardens and Von Trapp home

Amsterdam conjured up many attractions including the Anne frank museum.
The Berlin wall was another milestone on our football travels so yes why not see what Ukraine has to offer the inquisitive traveller.
What are the details of the Chernobile trip pal . Have you pre-booked it all on-line or are you doing it all adlib

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying on the 12.20 Gatwick and back on the 10.00am flight, booked at hotel rus, bang outside stadium. Already booked and paid for transfers if anyone needs a lift who might be staying at same hotel. Don't book flights with Opodo, charged me £160 for flights just to send me an email after saying they can't arrange them but are charging me anyway, gotta wait 10 days for a refund. Booked after with Unrainian airlines no problem but was £240.

@feedthegoat27 how long are you staying for pal ? and your link is down;

When we go to Europeans we too like to make the most of the place and behave as pathfinders for the many supporters following in our footsteps.
It is nice to breath another Cities culture and we have completed many tourist trips on our Euro away's.
Imbibe of the culture you have travelled such a distance to see so I would think it rude not to see what the host country has to offer.

Our best one was the friendly in Dortmund about seven years back
We normally do Monday to Fridays
I have always wanted to see were the incredulous Guy Gibson made his attacking run on the Moenhe dam
These were relatively young crews but what they lacked in years they more than made up for in courage

Excerpt taken from Wiki
Formation No. 1 arrived over the Möhne lake and Gibson's aircraft (G for George) made the first run, followed by Hopgood (M for Mother). Hopgood's aircraft was hit by flak as it made its low-level run and was caught in the blast of its own bomb, crashing shortly afterwards when a wing disintegrated.
Three crew members successfully abandoned the aircraft, but only two survived.
Subsequently Gibson flew his aircraft across the dam to draw the flak away from Martin's run. Martin (P for Popsie) bombed third; his aircraft was damaged but made a successful attack. Next, Young (A for Apple) made a successful run and after him Maltby (J for Johnny) when, finally, the dam was breached. Gibson, with Young accompanying, led Shannon, Maudslay and Knight to the Eder.[6] In the attack on the Möhne one of the bombers made a running commentary on the attack, relayed to base by an airborne TR. 1142 (Transmitter Receiver) manufactured by GEC, the distance being too great for direct VHF transmission.

I will just run you all through this paragraph again ...
Subsequently Gibson flew his aircraft across the dam to draw the flak away from Martin's run.
Unbelievable raw courage of the highest magnitude and calibre !
Not only did Gibson make his bomb run along with his crew but then returned to take the enemy fire and flak from his friends and squadron members.
He then flew on to the other dams for support.
He could have stood down but volunteered to carry on serving his country
Sadly after after attacking railway and industrial targets at Monchengladbach and Reyt he was shot down over Holland and killed.Bravery personified !
I tell you this because we both stood on that dam and so no it's not just about the football but experiencing the place you are visiting in it's entirety.

In Saltzburg we got to visit the zoo and the Untersberg mountain in the Salzburg hills via cable car
We saw Mozart and we went on the sound of music tour and visited the Mirrabelle gardens and Von Trapp home

Amsterdam conjured up many attractions including the Anne frank museum.
The Berlin wall was another milestone on our football travels so yes why not see what Ukraine has to offer the inquisitive traveller.
What are the details of the Chernobile trip pal . Have you pre-booked it all on-line or are you doing it all adlib

Evening! Only staying 2 nights, out very early doors on the Wednesday morning and back on Friday morning.

The tour is an all day job on the Thursday. So far I've paid a 25% deposit ($35) via Paypal and the rest is paid on the morning at the pick up point. As of today, I am the only person on it and it needs a minimum of 2 people to run! You have to submit passport details and whatnot to get clearance to go, so its not a trip that can be casually sorted upon arrival. Anyone considering doing it needs to act sooner rather than later!

Gets excellent write ups on Tripadvisor.... https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...334-Reviews-Chernobyl_TOUR_Day_Trip-Kiev.html
And here is the company I'm booked with, hopefully this link works! https://chernobyl-tour.com/english/

There are overnight options but only the day trip fits with my tight schedule, be nice if there was other Blues on it so we can discuss the nuclear disaster that is our season ;)

Anyone doing the BA direct heathrow to kiev on the day of the match leaving at 7.55 - now spikes off looking at alternatives ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.