King of Assists

Hmmmm

Transfermarket has Sterling on 9 Premier League assists.

I assumed that meant they counted penalties won but the when I looked at his stats for the cup games they've only credited him with 1 assist against West Ham.

That is for the 5-0 win earlier which if I'm not mistaken his only assist was for silva's goal

That is for the 5-0 win earlier which if I'm not mistaken his only assist was for silva's goal

Ah, of course it was, d'oh!

Come to think of it, in that game he forced an og yet gets no credit for his involvement according to stats.

These stats are manual and subjective so i guess they are questionable. Recording chances created or even playing a key role in a chance created would be more valuable. Some of the goals v west ham involved a killer pass then a shot then a goal. The killer pass gets you nothing where as the simple cross can get you the assist stat.

Oh, is there a strict definition of a key pass?
It is the pass to the player providing the immediately "recognised" assist pass or cross (for the allowed goal).

If we wanted to really go down the rabbit hole you could have potential key passes, which would be the pass to the player immediately creating the chance. I make that joke, but I know for a fact our and other top clubs track that stat both for our team and for external scouting purposes. Often times that is how you find Mahrez type players who just need more quality around them so their work and skill is rewarded.

It is the pass to the player providing the immediately "recognised" assist pass or cross (for the allowed goal).

If we wanted to really go down the rabbit hole you could have potential key passes, which would be the pass to the player immediately creating the chance.
Then it'll be Yaya or Fernandinho?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.