King of the Kippax

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cyberblue, 3 Nov 2017.

1. cyberblue

cyberblue

Bleedin hell that a goldy oldy

2. Franny 1234

Franny 1234

I
    I always buy my KING OF THE KIPPAX
    And wouldn't feel right going through the season without it.
    MY son and grandson enjoy them too.
    C.T.I.D

3. cyberblue

cyberblue

Latest edition now on sale

4. bluefitz17

bluefitz17

I love this mag and am proud to say I had an article published that won a prize of Holland's pies about the state of the bogs at Old Trafford.

5. AlgarveBlu

AlgarveBlu

Mortgage broker
    Wasn’t their a fanzine called blueprint as well..have a vague recollection of a vinal being attached to one addition with a rehashed version of bluemoon with the commentary of the 5-1 at Maine road mixed into it..

6. Alex the Blue

Alex the Blue

A friend of mine has it sent to Sweden each month so I guess it can be sent anywhere in the world.

7. Alex the Blue

Alex the Blue

I must confess I rely on the internet and MEN for most of my City diet nowadays. However I must agree KOTK has been a great read with much insightful stuff written. Dave and Sue are two of the nicest people you could meet and a fantastic achievement to be going so long.

8. geoffchall

geoffchall

I have been an occasional contributor to KK and having run fanzines myself in the 70s and 80s, I know what a back-breaking, soul-destroying, thankless, relentless task Dave & Sue undertake. I's fine to say that Electric Blue or others might have been better, but you're just seeing the past through rose-tinted specs - they weren't. And they are mere shooting stars compared to what KK has achieved. Is it perfect? No - it's an amateur fanzine, run to break even and if it makes Dave & Sue enough profit for a few beers then it would be a small price to pay. The idea that it is in any terms, competing with the official programme is ludicrous - the quality of writing is infinitely higher in KK than the sales brochure which masquerades as the modern day programme. And it is a fans' perspective not a club perspective - as with most fans, you might not agree with them, but it's the basis for an extended debate not a slanging match.

No other fanzine has been going as long and in an internet world there will never be an equivalent ever again. I think Dave & Sue should be knighted for services to football culture when they finally hang up their typewriters.

9. cyberblue

cyberblue

Diferent fanzine mate

10. whp.blue

whp.blue

Test pilot in a brothel
    Very true and from someone who ran the best every fanzine.