King of the Slums

I feel really guilty about this..... about 6 years ago I interviewed Charlie Keigher the for a book I was writing on all the bands in Manchester during the 88-92 Madchester period (even if they weren't Madchester type bands).

I interviewed a number of band members, from The Railway Chidren, Northside, The High and King Of The Slums. Charlie was then in New York and the interview was done by email. He said he had rejected similar offers but felt I was genuine... which I was.
I did quite a bit of groundwork on the book... and then my computer went haywire and I lost the bloody lot......
Learnt that lesson well... on each subsequent book I have emailed to myself at the end of each day all the work done!
But each time KOTS come up I have a guilty conscience as he probably thinks I messed him about :(

A bit more info for you. It will be a full band and there may be some live performances in December (Mcr, London, Berlin in the frame) if the album goes well. The sound is described as 'heavy as fuck' and will include distored violin/cello on it. I will keep you updated on any further details.

Bumpty Bump

They have just posted this on Facebook:

22nd May 2016. update on Album.
The guitar tracks for the album have now been finished.
There will be 12 new songs on the album.
Stuart Owens, the original drummer in the band will be doing his thing. Final recording of the album is expected and hoping to be complete by the late summer.
More updates will follow nearer release date. ; )

Bumpty bump bump bump

ca20764c9dd34212b676cb0d0b1784ef.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.