Kingsley Coman

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueindianNewcity, 19 Mar 2017.

1. Tevez City

Tevez City

If Nolito is that bad why did Pep and Txiki spent around 15m pound to buy him when Ousmane Dembele was available for 16m only !

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Stopgap until Jesus arrived and Sane got settled. Dembele would have been more of what we already had.

3. domalino

domalino

Because Dembelé wasn't available for 16m only. This is the absolute worst kind of revisionism. Dembele was wanted by every top club in Europe, we tried to buy him in 2015, we would obviously have been interested in him the summer after, probably would have paid twice that much for him, but he turned us down just like he turned down everyone else, because he wanted to go to a place like Dortmund, not straight to a mega club at 19.

He wasn't available.

4. BayernMan

BayernMan

Would be sad but not gutted if Coman left Bayern, the kid has clear potential but reaching it is the important question...

5. Tevez City

Tevez City

Dembele, 18, has agreed a contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2021 and is reported to have cost around €15 million.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2870095/ousmane-dembele-joins-borussia-dortmund-from-rennes

I don't think his former club would have sold him for 15m if there was much bigger offer on the table !

6. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

If €15m was his release clause I don't think they'd have much of a say. Whether or not that was the case I have no idea.

7. cadds92

cadds92

Problem he has at Bayern is he has one of the best wingers ever to play the game in front of him in Robben and Costa is just a more polished product.

As long as he doesn't stun the development of Sterling and Sane I would take him at City for sure.

Pep managed to get decent performances out of him whenever I watched him play for Bayern last season.

8. Edwin Edwin

Edwin Edwin

9. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

We need competition on the wings. Coman could offer that

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

Jesus can play there, I'm hoping Roberts get a chance in the squad. With Sterling and Sane think we have plenty. I'd expect Coman wants regular football wherever he goes.