Kingsley Coman

I thought a wide player would be at the bottom of our list of priorities - if we have circa £200m to spend I suggest a defensive MF and a few defenders might better occupy our scouting network.

We are regularly using Navas in the team, so we are clearly missing something.

Coman doesn't score enough for me.

I'm sure there's a few people in the Family Stand that could replace Navas's contribution over the last 18 months. I worry we are not getting our priorities right (again) and in 6 months we will be moaning about Kolorov playing too much and Kompany being injured. We have to remodel the defence. We need 3 or 4 full backs and at least 1 quality CB and a quality defensive midfielder.

I'm sure there's a few people in the Family Stand that could replace Navas's contribution over the last 18 months. I worry we are not getting our priorities right (again) and in 6 months we will be moaning about Kolorov playing too much and Kompany being injured. We have to remodel the defence. We need 3 or 4 full backs and at least 1 quality CB and a quality defensive midfielder.

Nah, Pep has said in public that we need fullbacks, so it's just a case of how many he signs.

We seemed to be in the market for another cb last season, & for a lot of money, so I can't imagine this season's cb efforts have done anything to ease that requirement ;)

No idea regarding midfield.

We are regularly using Navas in the team, so we are clearly missing something.

Coman doesn't score enough for me.
Navas is being used at full back/wing back though a lot more than he is as a winger. I think it depends on where De Bruyne and Roberts play next season (whether we need a wide player). Far bigger priorities for me in any case.

As for Coman, I don't see what he brings us that we don't already have in Sterling bar a stronger left foot, don't rate his positioning as anywhere near as good as Sterling's either. If we're going to bring in another winger I'd rather a goalscorer.

Navas is being used at full back/wing back though a lot more than he is as a winger. I think it depends on where De Bruyne and Roberts play next season (whether we need a wide player). Far bigger priorities for me in any case.

As for Coman, I don't see what he brings us that we don't already have in Sterling bar a stronger left foot, don't rate his positioning as anywhere near as good as Sterling's either. If we're going to bring in another winger I'd rather a goalscorer.

I think we need plenty of pace in most areas, so I can see why Pep might want Coman.

But a lot of the time imo, the players we hear about are not the main targets, they are 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice who we have spoken to & had it leaked. Similarly it gets leaked if we have a quick pop at Messi, on the offchance. Next thing it's all about us chasing Messi, plus 'x' 'y' for the next six weeks, when actually we are chasing entirely different players.

Coman could be a result of us either being knocked back by the players we want for the position, or a fallback option, in case we are knocked back. Navas will be replaced by somebody, that's for sure. He has been too often used, not to be replaced.

Coman could be a result of us either being knocked back by the players we want for the position, or a fallback option, in case we are knocked back.
I could see this being lined up if Sanchez is going to Bayern, otherwise not. Can't see us signing both and can't see Bayern letting him leave without a replacement, Ribery and Robben probably have a season left, two at most.

Nah, Pep has said in public that we need fullbacks, so it's just a case of how many he signs.

We seemed to be in the market for another cb last season, & for a lot of money, so I can't imagine this season's cb efforts have done anything to ease that requirement ;)

No idea regarding midfield.

Coman doesn't score enough at the moment, but I think he is like Sané in that he will get better quit quickly with age and regular game time. He scores a variety of goals, from tap ins at the back post, to headers or outside the box curlers, and he seems to be good under pressure which are two biggest things a big goalscorer needs.

IMO His main problem is that something like half his appearances for Bayern are substitutions and he doesn't get a decent run in the team to really find his rhythm - plus he's only 20.

For Schalke, Sané never got near the roughly 1 in 2 he's had since breaking into the team properly here. I think we'd see a similar increase in Coman's goal numbers if we bought him, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd want him.

Coman doesn't score enough at the moment, but I think he is like Sané in that he will get better quit quickly with age and regular game time. He scores a variety of goals, from tap ins at the back post, to headers or outside the box curlers, and he seems to be good under pressure which are two biggest things a big goalscorer needs.

IMO His main problem is that something like half his appearances for Bayern are substitutions and he doesn't get a decent run in the team to really find his rhythm - plus he's only 20.

For Schalke, Sané never got near the roughly 1 in 2 he's had since breaking into the team properly here. I think we'd see a similar increase in Coman's goal numbers if we bought him, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd want him.

If Pep knows the player well & signs him, you would have to imagine he knows there is room for improvement.

He's a better dribbler in 1-on-1s, and it's a crucial quality for our wing system: when a wide forward recieves diagonal pass and gets 1-on-1 situation, he is often supposed to make a dribbling attempt. Name me a decent fullback who really struggled to contain Sterling this season? Even fat Shaw had him in a pocket. Coman, on the other hand, is very difficult to defend against in such situations due to explosiveness.
And you seem to slightly overrate Raz's positioning, he just benefits from our tactics. Coman's seemed to be as good under Pep. Even Sane would be called a tactically weak flop had he signed for Bayern under Ancelotti.
I reckon Coman's natural shooting ability to be better as well. Though his current scoring stats are meh, so it's difficult to judge now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.