Kippax Corner

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 77198

Welcome back to the Etihad, Kippax Corner. You've been badly missed!

The rest of the ground can hear you far more than they can the South Stand (singing section should never have been moved there) and the noise spread down the East Stand, like it used to, yesterday which never happens with the South Stand as they are trapped between the away fans and the Quiet Bell Stand.

Wish the Singing Section had been kept in the Kippax Corner and been allowed to expand there as there is so much more scope for more noise to travel down the East Stand

Yeah can really hear SSL3 all around the ground, it's like the roof accentuates the sound up there to the rest of us

Welcome back to the Etihad, Kippax Corner. You've been badly missed!

The rest of the ground can hear you far more than they can the South Stand (singing section should never have been moved there) and the noise spread down the East Stand, like it used to, yesterday which never happens with the South Stand as they are trapped between the away fans and the Quiet Bell Stand.

Wish the Singing Section had been kept in the Kippax Corner and been allowed to expand there as there is so much more scope for more noise to travel down the East Stand

The singing section was never moved from that corner - it was expanded to encompass the South Stand blocks 114 and 115. Only 11 people moved out of 111 to those blocks which begs the question why it's been so quiet in 110-111 for so many games in the past couple of seasons and also begs the question why they bizarrely sang "singing section you're having a laugh" yesterday to us lot in the South Stand despite being a singing section themselves, albeit one that doesn't sing anywhere near as much these days. I spoke to someone at Arsenal last week who is still on the same row in 111 that I was on and he told me that the atmosphere has gone downhill badly in there since the start of last season.

I'll also add that it was never really possible to expand the 110-111 singing section further across the East Stand as that would've meant booting out season ticket holders whereas 114-115 were totally vacant blocks that used to be part of the away section so it was far less complicated to organise.

Enjoyed the old players songs yesterday, more please.

The singing section was never moved from that corner - it was expanded to encompass the South Stand blocks 114 and 115. Only 11 people moved out of 111 to those blocks which begs the question why it's been so quiet in 110-111 for so many games in the past couple of seasons and also begs the question why they bizarrely sang "singing section you're having a laugh" yesterday to us lot in the South Stand despite being a singing section themselves, albeit one that doesn't sing anywhere as much these days. I spoke to someone at Arsenal last week who is still on the same row in 111 that I was on and he told me that the atmosphere has gone downhill badly in there since the start of last season.

I'll also add that it was never really possible to expand the 110-111 singing section further across the East Stand as that would've meant booting out season ticket holders whereas 114-115 were totally vacant blocks that used to be part of the away section.
Jesus, I didn't realise that mate! I wonder why it has it been so quiet there then? Bizarre! It's as if the singers all moved from that area.

But we wouldn't have needed to boot that many Seasoncard holders out of the East Stand because the noise always used to travel down the stand when the Kippax Corner were loud anyway (as happened yesterday) as a lot of people in East L1 are up for singing but it doesn't seem to catch on well when the noise just comes from the South. But yeah I see what you're saying

Don't get the obsession with the Edin Dzeko song all of a sudden? If we were playing the scousers or dzeko was playing against us then yes but why not sing about what's happening in the present?

Jesus, I didn't realise that mate! I wonder why it has it been so quiet there then? Bizarre! It's as if the singers all moved from that area.

But we wouldn't have needed to boot that many Seasoncard holders out of the East Stand because the noise always used to travel down the stand when the Kippax Corner were loud anyway (as happened yesterday) as a lot of people in East L1 are up for singing but it doesn't seem to catch on well when the noise just comes from the South. But yeah I see what you're saying

Yeah, it's a common misconception that 110-111 is no longer a designated singing section. The plan was always to move fans from areas of the ground - the quieter areas - other than 110-111 into 114-115 where they can sing without getting funny looks, and pretty much keep what 110-111 do intact.

Anyway, it was good to hear them at it yesterday - the more areas of the ground that sing the better for me.

Yeah, it's a common misconception that 110-111 is no longer a designated singing section. The plan was always to move fans from areas of the ground - the quieter areas - other than 110-111 into 114-115 where they can sing without getting funny looks, and pretty much keep what 110-111 do intact.

Anyway, it was good to hear them at it yesterday - the more areas of the ground that sing the better for me.
Indeed!

The Kippax is back The Kippax is back hello hello

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.