Kippax Corner

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Thought the kippax was great, and noise does travel well there. I know it's only banter, but both sections need to join in with one another. When kippax was singing south stand level 3 coul hear it and a few joined in. When it's just the south stand it's not the same volume, Probs cos we are directly behind you.
Nah its cos we're just louder !! "singing section you're having a laugh " ;-)
110/111 is where it's at ;-)

Missed the game on Saturday.

Fell ill on Friday.

Still not great.

So what's the story behind 111 and 110 coming back to life?

Stood in there for a few seasons before I moved over to 115 in the SS.

Still got a soft spot for it. Had plenty of good times in there. Plenty of songs and banter with the away fans. Started to go a little quiet before I moved to the SS singing section.

Looking and listening from the SS, and playing devils advocate, the KC has gone pretty quiet over the last couple of seasons.

Thought the Celtic game was the first time it had got back to what it used to be.

So what made the difference on Saturday? Will it be a one off, or will it last?

Would be great if it lasted and both the SS and the KC can maintain the chants, especially against the Rags in a few weeks time.

Fire away! :-)

Missed the game on Saturday.

Fell ill on Friday.

Still not great.

So what's the story behind 111 and 110 coming back to life?

Stood in there for a few seasons before I moved over to 115 in the SS.

Still got a soft spot for it. Had plenty of good times in there. Plenty of songs and banter with the away fans. Started to go a little quiet before I moved to the SS singing section.

Looking and listening from the SS, and playing devils advocate, the KC has gone pretty quiet over the last couple of seasons.

Thought the Celtic game was the first time it had got back to what it used to be.

So what made the difference on Saturday? Will it be a one off, or will it last?

Would be great if it lasted and both the SS and the KC can maintain the chants, especially against the Rags in a few weeks time.

Fire away! :-)

The weather meaning more people out around town before kick off, combined with a good kick off time and probably the most important thing; having a decent lead in the game. Think those factors contributed to the decent atmosphere.

Side note:
It'll never be perfect until prices of food and drink lower in the stadium and safe standing is reintroduced, both of which are a mile off. It can be good in patches though, just wish we could get one end of the ground at it for 90 minutes.

KC gets its own thread when it sings... that shows how rarely it happens. 1 game as season, those are rookie numbers. YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE, WE ARE THE SOUTH STAND!!

The singing section was never moved from that corner - it was expanded to encompass the South Stand blocks 114 and 115. Only 11 people moved out of 111 to those blocks which begs the question why it's been so quiet in 110-111 for so many games in the past couple of seasons and also begs the question why they bizarrely sang "singing section you're having a laugh" yesterday to us lot in the South Stand despite being a singing section themselves, albeit one that doesn't sing anywhere near as much these days. I spoke to someone at Arsenal last week who is still on the same row in 111 that I was on and he told me that the atmosphere has gone downhill badly in there since the start of last season.

I'll also add that it was never really possible to expand the 110-111 singing section further across the East Stand as that would've meant booting out season ticket holders whereas 114-115 were totally vacant blocks that used to be part of the away section so it was far less complicated to organise.

because I moved from 111 and to 211 ;)

Was immensely impressed by the singing in the kippax! is it just the sound quality is bad from ss level 1 or do the singing section not sing that much? I mostly heard the kippax last 30mins of second half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.