KKK - 150th Anniversary

Has anyone watched this from beginning to end?
It's a famous pro Klan propaganda film from the silent era.
Nothing to do with the recent flick of the same name.

Was in Texas about 35 years ago went to a bar just outside San Antonio with my cousins husband(a Yank) when a guy came in with the KKK robes on no pointy hat tho, I thought it was a fancy dress do like till got told he was really in the KKK. When he found out I was English he went on about how it was set up after civil war to protect Southern rights by Nathan Bedford Forrest some general or other. Often wonder if he's still wandering around in a bedsheet of a Wednesday teatime.

If they become prominent i bet i can guess the new Daz adverts :-D

The kkk are a funny bunch, they hate everyone, espesh me as a godless Englishman. If i am honest i thought that "movement?" had pretty much died off because it was/is just daft.

Edit: i do know/knew a chap in Texas though who was kinda sympathetic to their ideals. It is that of the little englander really. The irony was he had no real understanding he should not like me so much however i was English, spoke posh = the queen to him, he bloody loved me.
Thinking the day over around him i found him a nice man who was very susceptible to right wing propaganda, still a nice man in his self, strange family really.

He was not full on pillow wearer but a texan flag god fearing type...loved his old trucks though, has a mint collection.

No those bastards are still breathing. I was having a beer Stateside when I was introduced to a GW, needless to say I wasn t impressed and it showed. He was a 78 old who still lived with his parents and had a gun in his sock. Says it all really, I had to listen to these knuckleheads talk about cannons, guns and knives.

Also and old workmate had a dual citizenship and had property over in Georgia,according to him burning crosses were still happening. He said hicks would start on you in a bar out of pure begrudgery as barmaids liked the Irish accent.

Americans are raised to shout about what they are passionate about, All I noticed was the divide and how poor it was becoming there for average folk. Sad thing is it is only about selling guns and cancer over there.

No those bastards are still breathing. I was having a beer Stateside when I was introduced to a GW, needless to say I wasn t impressed and it showed. He was a 78 old who still lived with his parents and had a gun in his sock. Says it all really, I had to listen to these knuckleheads talk about cannons, guns and knives.

Also and old workmate had a dual citizenship and had property over in Georgia,according to him burning crosses were still happening. He said hicks would start on you in a bar out of pure begrudgery as barmaids liked the Irish accent.

Americans are raised to shout about what they are passionate about, All I noticed was the divide and how poor it was becoming there for average folk. Sad thing is it is only about selling guns and cancer over there.
78 and lived with his parents whatever else he had talk about longevity genes, Maybe God doesn't want em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.