Knackered laptop

Silvercloud

My mum has given her old laptop to my youngest. It's a fairly decent one but my mum seems to have downloaded some adware/malware. As soon as you fire it up about a dozen I.E. Windows open and when you get rid, more pop up. It just freezes up and won't let me do anything on it.
Tried everything to sort it, defrag, McAfee, clean up, everything.
I've not got the recovery disk so I was wondering if I buy a new version of Windows 7,will this delete all before and let me use it again?

Any chance you can get teamviewer on it mate ?, if so i will fix it if poss.
Try hammering f8,10,12 dependent on your lappy model upon boot and select safe mode with networking if poss.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Yes use malwarebytes and if theres a licence key on a sticker you can just download win 7 no need to buy it.

google filehippo its a free software site
search for ccleaner
download and install
run and select clean
then run Malwarebytes again

do this in safemode with networking

Just sorted it using this. Thanks for that. Got it running smooth now thanks to you. Saved me a few quid along the way as well.
Cheers blue.
It might be worth running these additional steps from the Malwarebytes site (these are for a specific hijacker but they work for all malware). Page down once and you'll see the links to the 5 steps which run different programs. Just work through them one by one. It uses AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and HitmanPro (you can use the last just as a one off, so there's no need to install it). The 5th and last step shows how to reset various mainstream browsers to recommended settings easily since some malware can alter this.

In fact I'd recommend everybody to run the first 4 steps as a minimum monthly, it certainly won't hurt.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-tradeadexchange-com-popup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.