Known Issues - New Forum

I'm getting taken to spritted.com every time I click on a thread.

This is something we're aware of, and am just waiting for a reply from the ad company. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Yeah, I think it's better now (although I'm bound to say that).

I used to find it annoying scrolling through a huge quoted post, only for the person quoting it to say "This ^".
I can agree with this to an extent but in a longer thread it gets very annoying. For some responses to make any sense at all in context we now have to comb through pages of posts to find the two or three posts/responses to "quote". And work to add them to the multi-quote in order.

Many posts are difficult to even understand because the conversation is broken and I've just started accepting I won't really fully know what the poster was talking about in a given discussion (as I don't have ten minutes to read through the previous 10 pages of the thread to track down the users and replies).

Besides, it now "collapses" long quotes in to a well-contained box, allowing all posts to be relatively short and clean from a form standpoint, so this multi-quote requirement doesn't really make much sense.

I actually came on this thread because it has become that annoying and was hoping there was a reasonable solution I was missing.

Oh well, back to disjointed conversation or librarian work. Rant over.

By the way, besides this major annoyance, I am actually very happy with the change. You've done a bang up job generally Ric and @Damocles.

I can agree with this to an extent but in a longer thread it gets very annoying. For some responses to make any sense at all in context we now have to comb through pages of posts to find the two or three posts/responses to "quote". And work to add them to the multi-quote in order.

Many posts are difficult to even understand because the conversation is broken and I've just started accepting I won't really fully know what the poster was talking about in a given discussion (as I don't have ten minutes to read through the previous 10 pages of the thread to track down the users and replies).

Besides, it now "collapses" long quotes in to a well-contained box, allowing all posts to be relatively short and clean from a form standpoint, so this multi-quote requirement doesn't really make much sense.

I actually came on this thread because it has become that annoying and was hoping there was a reasonable solution I was missing.

Oh well, back to disjointed conversation or librarian work. Rant over.

By the way, besides this major annoyance, I am actually very happy with the change. You've done a bang up job generally Ric and @Damocles.

Yeah, it's a legitimate gripe mate. I'll have a look if there's a better way of doing it.

If it helps, if you hover/click next to the username at the top of the quoted post it takes you to the original post. If that makes sense?

Is there any chance that you could put a dot in the your content section if there is a new post ? Also will we be getting the buttons at the bottom of the page ?

Ric, still having problems on iPhone and tapatalk searching for posters previous posts. Takes 3 mins searching the history and then nothing - blank screen. Go back and start again and it sometimes appears.

Ric, still having problems on iPhone and tapatalk searching for posters previous posts. Takes 3 mins searching the history and then nothing - blank screen. Go back and start again and it sometimes appears.

That's strange mate, not experienced any issues myself on that front.

Can you let me know a bit more detail, e.g. how you're searching, whether you're on wifi or 3G/4G etc?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.