Kolasinac

Don't know much about him....left back,can apparently play as a centre half as well as a defensive midfielder.
Seems pretty versatile,and for €8m.........worth a gamble IMO.

Don't know much about him....left back,can apparently play as a centre half as well as a defensive midfielder.
Seems pretty versatile,and for €8m.........worth a gamble IMO.

Don't know much about this player but, given how close to the limit we are on foreign players in our squad we need to be very careful on "gambles". If he is a direct replacement for a foreign player who will be leaving, Kolarov potentially, then that wouldn't be so bad. However, if this "gamble" doesn't work then we'd be stuck with another less than stellar full back, something that is really affecting us this season.

I'm of the opinion that City should only be looking to buy top level talent that can affect the first team directly, anything else, squad players, rotational options etc, we should be looking to develop ourselves with the aim of them being able to step up and become regular first team players. That's what the academy should be there for, so we don't need to "gamble" on €8m players.

Don't know much about this player but, given how close to the limit we are on foreign players in our squad we need to be very careful on "gambles". If he is a direct replacement for a foreign player who will be leaving, Kolarov potentially, then that wouldn't be so bad. However, if this "gamble" doesn't work then we'd be stuck with another less than stellar full back, something that is really affecting us this season.

I'm of the opinion that City should only be looking to buy top level talent that can affect the first team directly, anything else, squad players, rotational options etc, we should be looking to develop ourselves with the aim of them being able to step up and become regular first team players. That's what the academy should be there for, so we don't need to "gamble" on €8m players.

Ok,ok,fucking hell,shouldn't of used the word "gamble"......punt?

Ok,ok,fucking hell,shouldn't of used the word "gamble"......punt?

Gamble, punt, the word itself doesn't really matter, it's the concept. We shouldn't be buying players who aren't as close to being certainties as can be. That's the model we should be employing, spend big, but on a smaller number of top level players, use the academy to fill the other squad areas. I don't know much about Kolasinac, he might be a shrewd signing and, at 22, he's certainly got the chance to develop further, but in the main we shouldn't be "taking a chance" on €8m players if we can help it.

Gamble, punt, the word itself doesn't really matter, it's the concept. We shouldn't be buying players who aren't as close to being certainties as can be. That's the model we should be employing, spend big, but on a smaller number of top level players, use the academy to fill the other squad areas. I don't know much about Kolasinac, he might be a shrewd signing and, at 22, he's certainly got the chance to develop further, but in the main we shouldn't be "taking a chance" on €8m players if we can help it.

I get what your saying matty,and I agree to a certain extent,what I mean is,"if" we have shown an interest,then someone has seen something in the lad and at 22 years old and for €8m,a player who could "potentially" cover 3 positions if needed,is worth a bit of a risk,IMO.

another Balkans. the question is, with no more free UCL spot in the team, which player will be drop?

Hope Nasri spot will be given to Nacho, he deserve it.

for €8m, not bad for versatile player and still 22. 1st guardiola signing perhaps?

From what I can gather, he's strong as an oxe and generally a defensive fullback. Those are pretty rare these days, especially leftbacks who can defend. Don't know enough about him, but I like the concept of a left back who isn't a complete liability

Not good enough. Started as a centre back but was moved to full back because of his pace. You can see this, as he's limited on the ball and so isn't what we need going forward. If we were looking at anyone from the Bundesliga full back wise it'd be Rodriguez for me, or even Bernat who has been left in Alaba's shadow at Bayern - but that isn't exactly a slight on anyone. Wendell could be worth a look at too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.