Kondogbia

Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:
Ray78 said:
He is still young enough to develop his game and before Yaya joined City was hardly an attacking threat either.
Yaya was a fantastic passer of the ball when he joined us, with fantastic vision and calmness on the ball, as you have to have to play in midfield for Barca. The whole "he's young he could miraculously completely change his game to be a completely different player" line never makes much sense to me, as I don't see how that's applicable to a specific player? Surely that line could be used for anyone young? If he was showing signs of being that player, but just needed to iron out some mistakes then it would make sense, but he just doesn't look to be that sort of player at all. He's good at what he does and could become a cracking player, but I don't see him ever being a creative midfielder. Looks more Vieira than Yaya to me. (not that there is anything wrong with that, I'd take Vieira over Yaya every day of the week)

Kongdobia is young enough to adapt his game is what I am getting at. He bossed Arsenal's midfield in the Champions League game and although they lost against Juventus in the next round he showed promise in that game as well. He is a good alternative imo, especially if we cannot get the likes of Pogba or Koke.

I think Kongdobia is a good alternative to those but he's certainly not a yaya replacement. I think we have to give up searching for a yaya replacement, he was an amazing player (still is if he decided to try every once in a while) and players like him dont come around that often. We have to adapt to losing someone like him, and I think Kondogbia could be very successful as the role of a box to box midfielder, which in my opinion is what we need. We need someone who is a big presence and can handle to ball well to control the midfield, we have enough attacking options to not need a consistent scorer at cm. I think Kondogbia is the type of player we thought we were getting with fernando, so it makes sense that we'd want someone like him in my opinion.

If we want to play in a 433 formation with someone sitting infront of the back 4 (Like Busquets does at Barca) and 2 box to box players infront of him then Kondogbia would be perfect for the sitting role but he doesn't have the ability or the vision to play that box to box. He would, however, be a great signing and if we could get Koke and Pogba (or both ;) ) to play infront and give fernandinho his proper role of a box to box player then we'll be making great strides in terms of where we want to be with a young energetic midfield.

He'll play in the role Fernando played yesterday just more mobile and better passing

In both of the 2 Champions League quarter final ties against Juventus he was mightily impressive.

Did anyone on here see either of those 2 matches?

Tez Tosterone said:
In both of the 2 Champions League quarter final ties against Juventus he was mightily impressive.

Yes and I was totally impressed with him. Also people have to get this Yaya replacement out of their heads. As much as I have gone off him he is irreplaceable...there really is only one Yaya.

Stephenhakin said:
Tez Tosterone said:

Yes and I was totally impressed with him. Also people have to get this Yaya replacement out of their heads. As much as I have gone off him he is irreplaceable...there really is only one Yaya.

I would go a step further and say that as much as I love Yaya, I think our over-reliance on him and the subsequent "lets get a like-for-like replacement" is damaging our european ambitions. Yaya has been our talisman in midfield but I believe we really should be spreading out the skills he brings to the team between 2 players. 1 deep lying midfielder who can also play a role tracking back and defending (eg. Koke) and another athletic box-to-box player with good tackling skills (eg. Fernandinho). The way we rely on Yaya to create offensive opportunities through both his exquisite passing and his physicality places way too much pressure on his partner in midfield to fulfill all the defensive duties and often leaves them outnumbered 3 to 1. I think Chelsea have the balance right in midfield with Fabregas and Matic.

He's apparently Inters top target if Yaya stays with us, I still think we have a chance at Pogba too, but obviously becomes a lot harder if Barcelona and Madrid throw their hat into the ring.

He's apparently Inters top target if Yaya stays with us, I still think we have a chance at Pogba too, but obviously becomes a lot harder if Barcelona and Madrid throw their hat into the ring.

We should go for him anyway if the financial stuff makes sense. He's a different player than Pogba - more defensive and better than Fernando.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.