Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy is clearly going to be a bigger threat going forward but all their threat was on our left side so Walker is likely to be the better defender of the two. They offered nothing from that side.

Agree.

It'll be interesting to see how Guardiola goes about improving both fullbacks over the seasons (Walker in terms of being even more productive in terms of attack and Mendy in terms of defensive positioning when we don't have possession).

Doesn't have the crossing ability of Mendy, but everything else looks just great, very impressed so far.

I'm really impressed with KW. He's slotted into the team perfectly. Even picking up his first red card. Couldn't have asked for much more really.

Would have made a huge difference if we had him in our side last year. He's going to be great for us.

Doesn't have the crossing ability of Mendy, but everything else looks just great, very impressed so far.
Far more reliable defensively. Our right side feels very solid now.

I think it's a perfect mix for Walker to be a bit more reserved if Mendy is going to be more gung-ho. If he can time his runs forward right then we are in business. He already looks a fantastic buy.

Far more reliable defensively. Our right side feels very solid now.

I think it's a perfect mix for Walker to be a bit more reserved if Mendy is going to be more gung-ho. If he can time his runs forward right then we are in business. He already looks a fantastic buy.
+1
Impressed by Walker's defensive game so far - and supposedly, defense is a weakness of Walker's.
========
As for Mendy - the guy has pace to burn.

So even if he's a bit gung-ho going forward, he'll be far more effective than Kolarov in similar situations simply because he'll more often than not run into some semi-decent position on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.