Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not only fast but he’s also very strong. Always seems to bump the opposition player away when 1v1. Out of all our signings this past offseason, he’s the one where we know what we’re getting the most. Top class.

WALKER: I’ve settled well, the players have been welcoming, the manager’s given me time to adapt. It’s an exciting chapter.

WALKER: It's a joy to play with @DeBruyneKev and I can learn from him. I want to provide the outlet ball, to get round the outside.

@benmendy23. He started it! He came for me. As soon as he got nutmegged, I was on it. He’s relentless!

WALKER: To play against, @aguerosergiokun is a nightmare. I’ve faced him numerous times and he always seemed to score.

WALKER: To play with him now is a big bonus. He’s a quality player. Around the dressing room he helps the younger lads - we can lean on him.

Walker so far has surpassed my expectations. I must admit I never expected the difference bewteen what we had and have to be so huge. What surprises me most about Walker is his ease on the ball. He doesn't just run or power past opponents, when he actually has the ball he actually knows what to do with it. I'm not taking away anything from Zabaleta, who is a legend in his own, but it's for everyone to see how much we have improved in the wingback positions both right and left.

Given the circumstances I thought he played really really well. He's a much better defender than I think he's given credit for (Too easily dismissed as a pace merchant).

He found himself isolated far too often for my liking (Jesus wasn't lazy, he just kept drifting inside) in both halves, up against more than one pacy skillful Shakhtar player on numerous occasions. His athleticism was incredible, and the most important thing for me was he didn't give away any stupid freekicks. Which would have been very easy for him to do.

Of course he was beaten a few times, but given how often he was in a 1-on-1 he came out on top more often than he didn't. And when he lost them he did a good job of slowing them down beforehand so when they did get behind we had numbers back.

He's not quite as good going forwards as we'd maybe like. Certainly compared to Mendy and Danilo. But his defensive prowess is far, far better than I imagined and I'm confident as the weeks go by he'll get more confident going forwards.

Given the circumstances I thought he played really really well. He's a much better defender than I think he's given credit for (Too easily dismissed as a pace merchant).

He found himself isolated far too often for my liking (Jesus wasn't lazy, he just kept drifting inside) in both halves, up against more than one pacy skillful Shakhtar player on numerous occasions. His athleticism was incredible, and the most important thing for me was he didn't give away any stupid freekicks. Which would have been very easy for him to do.

Of course he was beaten a few times, but given how often he was in a 1-on-1 he came out on top more often than he didn't. And when he lost them he did a good job of slowing them down beforehand so when they did get behind we had numbers back.

He's not quite as good going forwards as we'd maybe like. Certainly compared to Mendy and Danilo. But his defensive prowess is far, far better than I imagined and I'm confident as the weeks go by he'll get more confident going forwards.

Some fans saying he wasn't good tonight but I think you have summarised his performance well. He was up against a tricky opponent tonight and stuck at it and eventually saw him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.