Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh. The Ederson save really stemmed from Kompany getting fooled by the bounce of the ball (clear indication of rustiness IMO). And the cross field passes (I counted two not three) are fairly low percentage, high reward balls (example: Sane's goal at Anfield). Dont think you can call those brain farts if they don't come off sometimes. His ball control in the defensive third was pretty good up until then and Burnley hadn't got much down the left. Awful mistake for the goal, but frankly, you gotta cut him some slack since with Danilo having to move to the left, he is playing pretty much every game - human beings these lads are.
Agreed that mistakes will happen at times.

But throughout the game, Walker made mistakes.

He was dribbled past on at least one occasion leading to a very dangerous cross in the first half. Pretty sure he had other lapses - watching the game I thought wtf is up with Walker? (who is almost always rock solid defensively). Would have to rewatch the match to give details though.

He fucked up, lost concentration before the final whistle went. Cost us two points but he is dogged and will sharpen his act up. Mistakes occur sometimes.

Who should we realistically sign instead? I’m pro improvement when possible.
Walker is solid defensively - offers not as much as could be hoped offensively.

On balance, I like Walker - no potentially upgrades spring to mind - but I don't follow world football, so there's bound to be candidates.

Yes he is. He's been phenomenal and one mistake isn't and shouldn't cloud anyone's opinion of him. He's the best in the league by a country mile.
No, he isn't switched on all the time, loses concentration and his pace helps him out. But not against Burnley and the big boys will notice. Crosses to his side, and its a problem. He defo goes walkabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.