Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he gone up a few levels the past few weeks or is it just me?
I think he's enjoying playing with Bernardo tbh, it gives him the licence to overlap at will. With Sterling on the right, he has to make sure he's not running into the same space. Bernardo's weight of pass I think helps him a lot as well, he's had a few the past couple of games where the layoff pass has been perfect for him to either cross first time or take his man on with his first touch without slowing down and that makes life near impossible for the defender.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...tted/interceptions/clearances/yellow_cards#90

I think all bias aside you have to say Walker is at least the third best RB in world football, if not better. These are per 90 numbers in each league between him, Alves, and Carvajal.

Edit: here's a CL comparison with the same metrics.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...tted/interceptions/clearances/yellow_cards#90

What with RM having an awful campaign and PSG probably getting knocked out of the Champions League in the next few weeks, Walker will probably be named the best RB on the planet at the end of the season. I think he's incredibly underrated, especially now he plays for us.

Signing of the summer this guy. Just goes about his business with minimal fuss. He looks hungry for it as well. Proper winner. Hard to argue against him being the best RB in the world right now. Thinking back to the summer, it's difficult to understand why there were so many on here remonstrating against signing him.

A blot in otherwise an excellent first season at City. Fingers crossed he bounce back.

Top class defenders shouldn't be making mistakes like that. They're lower league mistakes, but, hey, Walker makes a mistake and our two rather costly CBs can't prevent a run-of-the mill player clipping one in the corner. A dog's breakfast all round.

Top class defenders shouldn't be making mistakes like that. They're lower league mistakes, but, hey, Walker makes a mistake and our two rather costly CBs can't prevent a run-of-the mill player clipping one in the corner. A dog's breakfast all round.

In one. It's a piss poor mistake from Walker but the reaction of Stones and Laporte was so delayed it was borderline ridiculous. We were cut open all night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.