Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a very good season. But do think he is prone to brain farts but more often than not he can use his pace to get back into position and help the team get the ball back.

My only gripe (and this isn't even a gripe with Walker tbh) but whwnever Delph or Zinchenko make a mistake, it's obvious they're not left backs. Yet when Walker makes one it's met with a chorus of (leave him alone he's amazing).

I have noticed over the last couple of games that he really has no left foot whatsoever. A couple of times tonight coming inside he looked quite comical trying to avoid using it.

He's a right back, so it's not really a problem, but it is quite funny, and with Pep's backroom staff having that "always improving the fundamentals" approach, I wonder if they might work on that with him coming inside more, being able to play just simple passes with his left would improve him in those central areas.

That aside, I thought he had another great game tonight, really mopped up some of those breakaways and had a very physical battle with Choupo-Moting.

Really want him to score this season. Same goes for Laporte and Zinny.

All we have to do is get Gundogan to stand inside the opposition net and get the ball to Zinchenko 5 yards away from him, then I'm sure he can score. Walkers best hope is probably a mis-hit cross

I have noticed over the last couple of games that he really has no left foot whatsoever. A couple of times tonight coming inside he looked quite comical trying to avoid using it.

He's a right back, so it's not really a problem, but it is quite funny, and with Pep's backroom staff having that "always improving the fundamentals" approach, I wonder if they might work on that with him coming inside more, being able to play just simple passes with his left would improve him in those central areas.

That aside, I thought he had another great game tonight, really mopped up some of those breakaways and had a very physical battle with Choupo-Moting.

Last couple of games? LOL. I love Walker, he's a great player: durable, competitive, quick, strong, assertive, good nose for danger, cocky in a good way, capable of great passes and crosses but two-footed...never in a million years. He's tied down our right flank all year and thank God for that. He'll make the odd mistake but they all do. But Mendy's one-footed and so is Zinchenko. Delph, not so bad but favours his left strongly. If you want to know the future, the next quantum leap in football (after goalies that can pass the ball properly) will be full backs that can use both feet perfectly, thus mitigating the disadvantage of having the touchline at their back and offering a man for man advantage over the oppositon's inferior full back. Just you wait and see. Two-footed full backs- they're on the way.

Last couple of games? LOL. I love Walker, he's a great player: durable, competitive, quick, strong, assertive, good nose for danger, cocky in a good way, capable of great passes and crosses but two-footed...never in a million years. He's tied down our right flank all year and thank God for that. He'll make the odd mistake but they all do. But Mendy's one-footed and so is Zinchenko. Delph, not so bad but favours his left strongly. If you want to know the future, the next quantum leap in football (after goalies that can pass the ball properly) will be full backs that can use both feet perfectly, thus mitigating the disadvantage of having the touchline at their back and offering a man for man advantage over the oppositon's inferior full back. Just you wait and see. Two-footed full backs- they're on the way.

I've always known he's one-footed, but on Monday on two occasions he literally ran around the ball to make a 3-5 yard sideways pass on his right foot under no pressure.

No one else in the squad is that bad, not that I can think of anyway.

I've always known he's one-footed, but on Monday on two occasions he literally ran around the ball to make a 3-5 yard sideways pass on his right foot under no pressure.

No one else in the squad is that bad, not that I can think of anyway.

He's very right-footed. The real disadvantage of having full backs that are one-footed is that they can't exploit the space that opens up for them when they're forced inside. There's often a good forward pass that goes begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.