Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not crippled by any means. We already pumped 240m into the project and have to pay off a 400m loan. Chuck in the NFL, naming rights to the stadium, concerts and the daft TV money it's not all that desperate at all. Last financial report it was over 30m profit and another season of champions league they'll be another 50m in there

I'm sure Walker will still be sold though but I'm sure you want him more than Spurs wanna sell

Read an article on your new stadium and they were saying costs would eventually rise to 1 billion once it was finished Dont know how true that is.

How can you criticise City's spending this Summer?

Top quality players. That's the main things. And the secondary issue of the fees is reasonable.

The most expensive deal for me would be Ederson. Traditionally keepers haven't gone for that much and Ederson a keeper with limited experience and no international record has gone for £35m. But then look what Everton paid for Pickford. As I said above, Salah went for £44m, and we maybe able to get Walker for £45m so you'd have to be harsh to criticise the prices we're paying this window. City are not doing a Spurs and waiting to the end of the transfer mkt to pick up "bargains", we're trying to get our business done first. We always try and do that. That's the way good clubs are run. I don't like the way Levy runs Spurs because he seems to overly concentrate on money which can be short term. The most important thing is to get the football right on the pitch and support the coach.
Spot on Marv

Read an article on your new stadium and they were saying costs would eventually rise to 1 billion once it was finished Dont know how true that is.
Daily Mail said a billion, The Sun came out with a 750m and one other said 600m. I know a 400m loan was taken out something about it on the official site. With today's mad transfer fees and TV deals/sponsors I can't see it taking as long as a club like Arsenal did

Genuine question here, is there anyone that could be considered a younger version of Alves. Or is he a one off. Just wondering because I wouldn't have thought Alves was considered a target a few months ago and whether we ditched a different target when he became available.
Henrichs at Leverkusen has that potential, so its a bit sad we went away from that interest.

Pedro Perreira at Sampdoria is another one. He is more in the Lahm/Zaba mould than Alves. Dogged defender, great crosser and unusually technical and strong for a 19 year-old...

Henrichs at Leverkusen has that potential, so its a bit sad we went away from that interest.

Pedro Perreira at Sampdoria is another one. He is more in the Lahm/Zaba mould than Alves. Dogged defender, great crosser and unusually technical and strong for a 19 year-old...
Hasn't Perreira signed for Benfica?

Daily Mail said a billion, The Sun came out with a 750m and one other said 600m. I know a 400m loan was taken out something about it on the official site. With today's mad transfer fees and TV deals/sponsors I can't see it taking as long as a club like Arsenal did
Correct that will come down next season with the sales of Kane & Ali. Both will want bigger things & wages that top players get, teams with big big aspirations will always pull in the best not the rest & unfortunately teams like Spurs & Liverpool will only get the rest.

Walker is at a fantastic club with a great history but life is to short & him along with Ali will only play along for so many seasons & what ever you say Levy will always sell the best players & not add World Class to his team because he won't pay world class money & wages :(

Agree more money around now, have spurs sorted a sponsor out for your new stadium yet?

Spurs are currently caught between a rock and a hard place.

They have performed outstanding over the past two seasons and IMO been the best side in the country over that period. However, they have fuck all to show for it and the obvious way to address the problem will have a huge impact on their finances.

In a similar manner to us, Spurs lack that winning mentality to drag them over the line. Addressing that issue does not come cheap and whilst we are looking to add the likes of Alves, Sanchez and Mendy (all players with league titles to their CV) to the already signed Silva and Ederson (League winners), they are after the likes of Barkley.

It is going to be extremely difficult for Spurs to sign the calibre of players needed to kick them onto the next level without boosting the wages of Kane, Walker and Erikson in the process.

The Semi-Final of the FA cup really highlighted the short-comings of some of the teams in the PL. Spurs' mentality was badly exposed by an under-strength Chelsea side who just know how to get over the edge. Us against Arsenal was a game of two sides who lack any sort of ruthlessness and was ultimately dominated by Yaya and Sanchez. Unfortunately for us, Sanchez came out on top that day.

You can hardly blame Walker for wanted to come to a side who are efficiently eradicating their issues and offering a higher wage, rather than stay at a club who seem to lack that ambition.

Spurs are currently caught between a rock and a hard place.

They have performed outstanding over the past two seasons and IMO been the best side in the country over that period. However, they have fuck all to show for it and the obvious way to address the problem will have a huge impact on their finances.

In a similar manner to us, Spurs lack that winning mentality to drag them over the line. Addressing that issue does not come cheap and whilst we are looking to add the likes of Alves, Sanchez and Mendy (all players with league titles to their CV) to the already signed Silva and Ederson (League winners), they are after the likes of Barkley.

It is going to be extremely difficult for Spurs to sign the calibre of players needed to kick them onto the next level without boosting the wages of Kane, Walker and Erikson in the process.

The Semi-Final of the FA cup really highlighted the short-comings of some of the teams in the PL. Spurs' mentality was badly exposed by an under-strength Chelsea side who just know how to get over the edge. Us against Arsenal was a game of two sides who lack any sort of ruthlessness and was ultimately dominated by Yaya and Sanchez. Unfortunately for us, Sanchez came out on top that day.

You can hardly blame Walker for wanted to come to a side who are efficiently eradicating their issues and offering a higher wage, rather than stay at a club who seem to lack that ambition.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.